Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Marble Arch is going to get a hill and it's going to be called The Mound

There's a budget for everything in London isn't there? Shame the rest of the country doesn't get seem to be subject to lavish spending.
Don't worry they'll be some pork-barrelling in those 'Red-Wall' constituencies before the next election. Let's hope it's rather more substantial than some scaffolding disguised as a grassy knoll.

i'm actually quite a convert to this mound. there'll have to be some changes, granted, before it's fit for purpose. the addition of a big boulder. a channel for it to roll down at night. but yes, it's a grand addition to london, a mound for the renowned classicist boris johnson to daily re-enact the fate of sisyphus

i'm actually quite a convert to this mound. there'll have to be some changes, granted, before it's fit for purpose. the addition of a big boulder. a channel for it to roll down at night. but yes, it's a grand addition to london, a mound for the renowned classicist boris johnson to daily re-enact the fate of sisyphus

Note that it's not actually a mound but a scaffold, and not the first scaffold to be erected there either...

It's the tomb for Prince Philip, but since his widow is head of the CE they had to keep his pagan stipulations quiet.

People have now been to the Mound. Here's a fairly complete twitter thread from one - not entirely negative but not what you'd call a massive recommendation.

In summary: I enjoyed it. More as you might enjoy a bad statue of Christiano Ronaldo, or a car park Santa's Grotto, with dogs pretending to be reindeer, than as a dazzling spectacle.

As long as you go with that expectation it is ok - just a shame it cost 2 million pounds.

It doesn't really look amazingly finished to me.

E4AllaFUUAcdvuY

E4AlswuVcAMeAEI

E4Al6zzVkAI8gST

Is this just westminster trying to clear the homeless and the Roma from the area. I haven't been in london for a while but the cops, immigration and westminster council vehicles were regular visitors to marble arch.

Is this just westminster trying to clear the homeless and the Roma from the area. I haven't been in london for a while but the cops, immigration and westminster council vehicles were regular visitors to marble arch.
Christ, hadn't thought of it and no idea if it is, but sadly would not be surprised in the slightest if it was.

Someone did suggest (very tongue in cheek) that the structure could actually serve as shelter for those who needed it.

Back
Top Bottom