Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United 2021-24, 'Best of the Rest'

Wilf

Slouching towards Billingham
Right then, let's have a new thread. Feel like I should start on what looks like a pretty good team, with the new signings, especially if Pogba stays. All good. :thumbs:

But then Denis Law has dementia.

Saw a documentary about him a few months ago and did wonder if there was something going on along those lines. :(

Denis :( Legend

As for the current team/squad I can only see this season being a four way battle. Pogba on his day is am exceptional talent, however I would swap him for two or three excellent talents with that price tag and history.

I've just remembered United are still on that (near) record breaking unbeaten away run. Even within that run there were a lot of draws last year. It was easy enough to open Leeds up because of the way they play, but whether United can open up more defensive teams will probably the story of the season.

I've just remembered United are still on that (near) record breaking unbeaten away run. Even within that run there were a lot of draws last year. It was easy enough to open Leeds up because of the way they play, but whether United can open up more defensive teams will probably the story of the season.
Record still on - level with Arsenal now? Pity it had to be one of the old style displays of shocking averageness,

A new thread for this season should be 21-22, or is it me, it is ain't it? 2020 was that horrible year where Covid ruined everything, or was that 2021.

A new thread for this season should be 21-22, or is it me, it is ain't it? 2020 was that horrible year where Covid ruined everything, or was that 2021.
Oh. :oops:

Okay, I've edited that and after this weekend might have to go with second best of the rest....

Last edited:
Couldn’t work out either the selection it tactics tbh
Only saw the highlights, but yep. I wondered if he'd made a promise to Martial to give him more starts to avoid him putting a transfer request in?

Anyway, 15 years too late I made the right ideological choice and went to watch FC United this weekend. Cheap beer but underdone chips. :( Might start a thread on that with the wrong year. :thumbs:

Seen FC United a few times enjoyed the day out there.
Martial - always thought he could turn into something good but always been proved wrong tbh . Cavani mustn’t be fit yet ?

Curious what this'll mean for the likes of Greenwood and Sancho. Obviously they're young and Ronaldo and Cavani aren't going to be around forever, but personally I think it'd be a shame to see less of the younger players as I really like watching 'em play.

Same possibly goes for Rashford and Martial, I guess.

Gonna be a bit of a tight squeeze up front for Utd! :eek:

Ronaldo's still an exceptional player, though the team's going to be set up to support and supply him. Not at all a good move for 3 or 4 younger players.

Anyway, I was critical of city thinking about signing a twice accused rapist and I'll say the same about united, as my own team. You could put up with all his preposterous ways, all the absurd celebration of wealth, but not that (accusations are one thing, but he paid off one accuser). Luckily I've just bought a 10 match ticket for FC United. :)

What is depressing is that I suspect this will take the wind out of the anti-Glazer protests.

As a Chelsea supporter I’m very relieved he has gone to Man Utd rather than City tbh
Probably makes things fairly even for who will the league, but I'd still have it 1. city and then any one of united, chelsea or liverpool. Pogba probably stays though, unless they want to offload him to save on ronaldo's wages. May be a few others offloaded in the next 4 days.

Probably makes things fairly even for who will the league, but I'd still have it 1. city and then any one of united, chelsea or liverpool. Pogba probably stays though, unless they want to offload him to save on ronaldo's wages. May be a few others offloaded in the next 4 days.
Phil Jones ?

I can't stand the twat and it's rank opportunism (in football, who'd have thought it?) from United but Ronaldo, ego twat that he is, is a complete footballer, does what's best, brilliantly (apart from free kicks these days). Undoubtedly a benefit for them.

Ronaldo's still an exceptional player, though the team's going to be set up to support and supply him. Not at all a good move for 3 or 4 younger players.

Anyway, I was critical of city thinking about signing a twice accused rapist and I'll say the same about united, as my own team. You could put up with all his preposterous ways, all the absurd celebration of wealth, but not that (accusations are one thing, but he paid off one accuser). Luckily I've just bought a 10 match ticket for FC United. :)

What is depressing is that I suspect this will take the wind out of the anti-Glazer protests.
Yup those yellow and green scarves will be back in the draw

Back
Top Bottom