Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 vanishes without trace

I've been saying right from the start get the advanced world into the search operation right from the start of this incident. These incompetent Malaysians are idiots. Aussies got involved-bingo!

While we wait for some actual data, who wants to see Kay Burley running up an escalator the wrong way and tripping up in a media scrum?

Authorities looking for the missing plane inside Kay Burley's Massive Cap have extended the search...
BjKmUrnIIAAUkVj.jpg

Twitter.

explain transponders being switched off (as with Helios)

Helios 522 broadcast a transponder code throughout the flight from departure till impact with terrain (AAIASB report).

I don't think there is a recorded instance of an aircraft remaining in flight once 30 minutes have elapsed after the discovery of a fire. The aviation industry seems to reckon on you having about 15 minutes to get on the ground or gravity will intervene. On Swissair 111 the flight crew pulled circuit breakers to isolate electrics (including the transponder) in response to a fire. They tried to route to a CYHZ but crashed within 16 minutes of the discovery of the fire. Notably they issued a distress call and were in contact with ATC (discussing diverts) throughout.

e2a:
two cabin crew, one of whom was a private pilot. He was locked out of the cockpit until the fuel ran out, power ran out and the door unlocked

Only one cabin crew was recorded as being active, observed by F-16 pilots who were sent to investigate - they saw a male active in the cockpit and a male voice issued a mayday during this time (not transmitted but recorded on the CVR). The rest of the cabin crew were female. The male flight attendant was judged by the accident investigators to have entered the flight deck (he was never locked out - the CVR recorded sounds consistent with him using the approved method of entry via the secured door) prior to loss of either engine - the aircraft was still powered when he sat in the captain's seat. The left engine flamed out a minute after he entered the flight deck and the right engine went ten minutes later once all fuel was exhausted.

Last edited:
It could simply just be in this location because that's as far as the autopilot would take it on the trajectory he placed it in his last concious state. The pilot could've been long passed out before it reached as far south west as this.

What is the latest reasoning on his family moving out of the house the day before the flight and his attendance of the opposition political leader speech? Are they still established facts? Or was that massively overblown and out of context?

What is the latest reasoning on his family moving out of the house the day before the flight and his attendance of the opposition political leader speech? Are they still established facts? Or was that massively overblown and out of context?
Despite his imprisonment, commitment to Anwar Ibrahim's cause is a bit like being a staunch Liberal Democrat.

Don't know if anyone mentioned it as I haven't caught up yet but: Australian aircraft have searched the area identified by the satellite west of Perth and have not found anything. (was just reported on BBC Radio)

ETA: I just listened to a later broadcast and they are not including this now.

Last edited:
It could simply just be in this location because that's as far as the autopilot would take it on the trajectory he placed it in his last concious state. The pilot could've been long passed out before it reached as far south west as this.

If that's the debris it probably hit the water a few hundred km NW (approx.) of the location it was imaged at.

Quite possibly it flew on autopilot till engine flame out at which point the autopilot should disconnect. Then, I would imagine (but don't know for sure) that the aircraft could rapidly become unstable without (auto)pilot input (relaxed stability) leading to spiral descent or perhaps climb to stall limiting any glide (which would otherwise be something like 20:1 giving up to around a couple of hundred km additional range if under control).

and the wife and kids moving out of the family home the day before the flight? What was that about? Was this established yet?

I think that was just a false report - he had three adult children, one of whom was studying in Australia.

Some reports have suggested Zaharie had a fight with his wife the day before he flew, citing the fact that she left home and went to stay with one of her children. That accusation has been particularly painful for Zaharie’s wife, said Ghouse, who added that she often would stay with her children when he was flying.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...127928-af75-11e3-9627-c65021d6d572_story.html

and the wife and kids moving out of the family home the day before the flight? What was that about? Was this established yet?
I think that was just a false report - he had three adult children, one of whom was studying in Australia.

Some reports have suggested Zaharie had a fight with his wife the day before he flew, citing the fact that she left home and went to stay with one of her children. That accusation has been particularly painful for Zaharie’s wife, said Ghouse, who added that she often would stay with her children when he was flying.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...127928-af75-11e3-9627-c65021d6d572_story.html

yeah, they had two homes, and I think one was nearer the airport than the other, so makes sense

Don't know if anyone mentioned it as I haven't caught up yet but: Australian aircraft have searched the area identified by the satellite west of Perth and have not found anything. (was just reported on BBC Radio)

ETA: I just listened to a later broadcast and they are not including this now.

Glanced at the news screen in the office and they were mostly looking at clouds.

I don't think Malaysia has the resource to deal with this.
I don't know enough about Malaysia to have an opinion really but I do think the investigation has to be multinational just because of the scale of the search and the involvement of all these international parties.

When I think of all the interested parties, the nationality of the passengers, the aircraft manufacturer, the nationality of the airline, the engine manufacturers, the countries whose airspace the plane could have crossed, the military radar operators or primary radars who might have intelligence, the owners of the relevant satellites in the areas suspected for the flight, all the countries supplying search resources. It is a massive multinational and very complex investigation and search.

Why spring-peeper do you think they are not up to it?

To be fair, the Chinese have been hinting in a gentle and roundabout way that they are not entirely comfortable with how the Malaysians are handling the investigation.

That's nothing to do with what trollchops was saying.

Anyway yeah. Indian ocean up to 2 miles deep apparently. Interesting well to me at least, the comments about just how much junk is floating around out there. I knew about that plastic island thing but general bits and pieces fallen off ships and whatnot.

To be fair, the Chinese have been hinting in a gentle and roundabout way that they are not entirely comfortable with how the Malaysians are handling the investigation.
Gentle and roundabout way my arse.

The Chinese internet is heaving with bullshit that makes our conspiraloons look pragmatic and reasonable. My wife told me today that the Malaysian government had been in contact with the plane for the last 5 hours of its flight but covered it all up. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom