Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lunch should have its own thread

Watched Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories the other night, and have been craving noodle soup ever since! So, Tesco had two big boxes of prepared stirfry going for 80p each yesterday, mushrooms etc - fried them with garlic/ginger/chilli last night, added fresh coriander, and did noodies this morning. Oh my lord - mmMMMM :cool:

Steak, sweet potato and broccoli.

Was in town and was going to get a sausage and bacon butty, but was good and a cheap bit of sirloin from Aldi was the same price. :)

I don’t know if this is the right thread for this, but does anyone have good, well proven ideas for toasted sandwich fillings? Like most of us I have a breville toasted sandwich maker which haunts my kitchen cupboards, having been used constantly for almost two weeks after it was purchased, then abandoned to its fate as cupboard clutter.

Apart from cheese, cheese and ham and cheese and chorizo, I’ve never really experimented with fillings, so I may have missed a trick. Any suggestions which will revive the poor thing and give me a reason to use it again would be really welcome.

I don’t know if this is the right thread for this, but does anyone have good, well proven ideas for toasted sandwich fillings? Like most of us I have a breville toasted sandwich maker which haunts my kitchen cupboards, having been used constantly for almost two weeks after it was purchased, then abandoned to its fate as cupboard clutter.

Apart from cheese, cheese and ham and cheese and chorizo, I’ve never really experimented with fillings, so I may have missed a trick. Any suggestions which will revive the poor thing and give me a reason to use it again would be really welcome.
Curry
*Bolognese sauce, with or without cheese
Baked beans and cheese
Basically any combination of cooked breakfast items
Fishfingers
*Stew
Pasta/noodles
Various vegetables + whatever seasoning and other ingredients you fancy
Banana & chocolate spread

*needs to be reduced right down so it's not too liquidy, or just use the solid bits

Curry
*Bolognese sauce, with or without cheese
Baked beans and cheese
Basically any combination of cooked breakfast items
Fishfingers
*Stew
Pasta/noodles
Various vegetables + whatever seasoning and other ingredients you fancy
Banana & chocolate spread

*needs to be reduced right down so it's not too liquidy, or just use the solid bits

Some awesome ideas there, thanks Iona. I’m particularly taken with the idea of bolognese sauce and cheese. Will be trying that soon :thumbs:

Some awesome ideas there, thanks Iona. I’m particularly taken with the idea of bolognese sauce and cheese. Will be trying that soon :thumbs:

Mr polly LOVES these. Fwiw :D

I like hummus and cheese, which is kind of odd but good. Tuna and cheese is a surprisingly good one too.

Scavenging mode, but did OK.

Tin of mackrell in spicy sauce cooked with onions, white kidney beans and sweetcorn on top of a sweet potato with some brocoli on the side. Extra chilli sauce.

Back
Top Bottom