Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lunch should have its own thread

I've never knowingly had one that wasn't disgusting but I'm open to them changing my mind. Until then, #teamcox.

Just quoting this coz I can't like it twice :cool::thumbs:

:D:cool:

I've never knowingly had one that wasn't disgusting but I'm open to them changing my mind. Until then, #teamcox.

Coxes are nice too. I keep trying to convince my family who say the same as you, ie they're openminded. But they're clearly not because they just eat all my russets and then shrug and go back to their filthy granny smiths.

I have Very Strong Feelings about this and would be happy to send you one of the proper lush russets from the posh local produce van in town, once the season starts, if you want?

I have Very Strong Feelings about this and would be happy to send you one of the proper lush russets from the posh local produce van in town, once the season starts, if you want?
Tell you what, as I live in food-wankers central, tell me when the season starts and I'll try one from a posh shop here. If I don't like it you can send me one you think will change my mind :cool:

Fucking filth, right?
Second only to those flavourless, watery, bitter skinned red abominations. Cafeteria apples. Just say no.

When I used to get a local fruit and veg bag, the apples at this time of year, oh man. I can't wait to have an income and start getting them again :thumbs:

I quite like granny smiths tbh :oops: but they have to be crispy and fridge-cold and eaten in slices straight off the knife. It's just like teabags/instant coffee vs proper loose leaf / ground beans, or decent fresh pasta and sauce vs that ravioli that comes in tins, innit - you can enjoy both, they're just different things.

Watery cafeteria apples ( :D ) - or, even worse, the soft ones that always taste slightly of banana from having been stored together too long - can always gtf though.

Get well soon MrCurry!

I just made some spicy fava bean and spinach dahl because I have a cold and because I was getting sick of seeing the fava beans in the cupboard. I've noticed that they dump a load of butter during the final stages of cooking just about anything on MasterChef, so I'm trying it out: it's lush (obviously).

Okay, I have a new favourite lunch. Fried black pudding squished on toasted rye with a bowl of lettuce, tomato, sauerkraut and gherkins. It was *kisses fingers* black coffee and lebkuchen after. Eta: actually i think I'm too full for the biscuits yet :eek: e again ta: okay just one lebkuchen, my coffee was lonely.

Last edited:
A RUSSET APPLE! :D:cool::thumbs:

Also butternut squash and broccoli with cherry tomatoes, some of those sweet drop pepper things from a jar, houmous and a bit of hot sauce and/or chipotle paste when I get home, plus cup(s) of tea.

Anniversary lunch in my favourite French place in Buxton:
Baguette and olives and dipping vinegars/oils
Roquefort, pear and walnut salad with bitter leaves and mustardy vinaigrette
Paris Brest
Brittany cider

Back
Top Bottom