Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lost a possible job due to work coach not telling me I need photo id.

coling

Went for a job interview last week. They need my photo id. No one at the jobcentre told me I need photo id. I told my work coach ages ago I needed funding for my driving license so that I could get it back from the DVLA; work coach had said back then that they don't give funding for that. So I attended an interview last week to be told I had passed their tests and only needed photo id now. So I told the work coach about this. He offers up £35 for a provisional license. Just proves they don't listen. I thought they don't give for driving licenses. Something tells me that the work coach was only trying to cover his own back. Bit too late for that innit!. Anyway. Finding it hard to get a job. Besides, the wages aren't that good anyway. Going now where fast. This country is a joke. Just one big pack of lies. I was born here and yet I can't even get off first base. Fuck it.

Went for a job interview last week. They need my photo id. No one at the jobcentre told me I need photo id. I told my work coach ages ago I needed funding for my driving license so that I could get it back from the DVLA; work coach had said back then that they don't give funding for that. So I attended an interview last week to be told I had passed their tests and only needed photo id now. So I told the work coach about this. He offers up £35 for a provisional license. Just proves they don't listen. I thought they don't give for driving licenses. Something tells me that the work coach was only trying to cover his own back. Bit too late for that innit!. Anyway. Finding it hard to get a job. Besides, the wages aren't that good anyway. Going now where fast. This country is a joke. Just one big pack of lies. I was born here and yet I can't even get off first base. Fuck it.

I'd speak to the potential employer - they ask for photo id cos it's easiest way to verify identify (and are probably using software for identity verification which requires photo ID) but you don't legally have to hold photo ID and they should be prepared to accept an alternative eg birth cert & maybe something signed by GP/solicitor/something professional and/or HMRC documents or maybe even letter from DWP.

DWP are a fucking nightmare to deal with obviously. Born here or not, makes no difference, they are a shitshow for everybody. Good luck.

I doubt he's just covering his back tbh. If DWP drones were likely to get in trouble for merely being shit at their jobs they'd probably, well, be slightly less shit at their jobs.

There's lots of stuff you can get funding for if you're out of work, some of it useful some of it a transparent excuse to shovel money earmarked for benefits into private sector pockets. The only thing they won't do is give you enough money to live on.

Not sure in what way your place of birth is relevant to your situation coling , although I suspect I know why you think it is.

As Proper Tidy says, unless driving is needed for the job they’ll probably take some other form of official ID if you explain it to them.

Best of luck with the job.

Back
Top Bottom