Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London: the unlockening/relockening

Postcodes, pah. Unless you're sending a letter they're irrelevant. Kensington is part of that bit in the middle of London filled with touristy bits, where nobody can afford to live. That bit's all central London as far as this out-of-towner is concerned.

exactly! anywhere in zone 1 is definitely Central London.
it's on wikipedia and everything ;-) Central London - Wikipedia

6 Rando’s within 2 metres with noses out and masks on taking up the middle of a central line carriage, no spacing.

Fairly sure 3 knew each other but for fucks sake the mask covers nose and mouth you cretins

Had a walk around the Olympics this afternoon , very busy there , the busiest I have seen it since Lockdown, I have probably been there a couple of times a month since Lockdown 1.

Had a walk around the Olympics this afternoon , very busy there , the busiest I have seen it since Lockdown, I have probably been there a couple of times a month since Lockdown 1.

Brixton was heaving today and only about 50% mask wearing in M&S and the market shops

I was on the central yesterday - quiet at 10am, rammed when I went back around 1 from Liverpool Street. Full of people shopping and Essex kids coming in to go to the West End. I mean basically like the previous normal - less a question of trying to avoid distancing, more of just trying to get in the bloody carriage at all.

I was lucky though, I spotted an empty row of seats where somebody had sparked out and was lying across all of them apart from one, so everyone was staying away. I sat at the foot end on the basis that it wasn't like her feet were going to be lethal or anything. Then she woke up, pulled herself together onto one seat, and went to sleep again. Cheers random woman on the tube :thumbs:

A lot of people in the East End then btw. Similar level to a normal Saturday I'd say, Sunday is always the big day. I was out for a photo walk with some folk, meeting up early, but people were setting up just like normal - stalls, dancers, etc, waiting for tourists.

A lot of people in the East End then btw. Similar level to a normal Saturday I'd say, Sunday is always the big day. I was out for a photo walk with some folk, meeting up early, but people were setting up just like normal - stalls, dancers, etc, waiting for tourists.

Shoreditch and Liverpool Street gave been heaving for few weeks now, probably getting on over a month

Museums, galleries, shops etc. Must be easy for getting around, but there is a huge drop in trade. If ever there was a time for a staycation in London.....
Went to my 1st Art exhibition in about 18 months this afternoon, Jean Dubuffet , at the Barbican . I'd never heard of him tbf (mrs21 suggested it) . It wasn't very busy , so wasn't as annoying inside as you didn't have to wait long to have a look. The cafe downstairs was annoying, picked up a sandwich, crisps & a can of pop, took them to the till. As I was not taking away, I had to order from the app, so eventually got the items I'd picked up, about 15 minutes later , except for the crisps as I couldn't be arsed.

Just booked a trip to London - train tickets were only an extra £9 for first class so have booked that on the hope of more space and less people close to me.

Will do a museum or two and see some friends. Not sure I can dodge the tube though.
The tube hasn't been too bad IME. I've been going in to work 1 day a week and I'm on a busy section of the line normally, but it's not been too bad.

Hope you have a good visit.

Back
Top Bottom