Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London: the unlockening/relockening

Very early June will be my first time back passing through London since fuck knows when .... June 2019 possibly???? :confused:

But I knew the places to avoid crowds in/outside pubs then, and I'll do a bit more research for the same result for when I return :)

This thread is very useful too :) :cool:

Well OH and I went for drink outside our grotty local and we were cornered for about 20 minutes by an elderly and very drunk and incoherent bloke who kept wanting to shake hands with us, saying "it's ok, I've had 2 jabs". Then another younger bloke came up to ask OH if he could spare a cigarette, older drunk bloke fell over and younger bloke offered him a hand to help him up and then older bloke thought he had been attacked by younger bloke and after he had got back on his feet was waving his fists around wanting a fight and punched the younger bloke in the face :eek:

It ended with them having a hug, which I don't think is COVID secure.

:eek:

Last edited:
Epona : Nice, laid-back local that sounds like :eek: :(

What's it been like before there was Covid??

Oh it's a real shithole, but the lager is pretty cheap and it is on the way back from Morrisons so we usually find we need a break at that point. For purposes of going out for a drink we'd normally go a bit further to the Black Lion in Plaistow which is a nice pub with a huge beer garden, guest ales, and pub grub Monday to Friday, but for some unknown reason isn't open til the 17th - maybe they've sold off the garden to build flats on it like every other bit of space around here!

Went to the King's Road yesterday to buy some stuff - as usually it can be relied upon to be quieter than other central high streets, and it has a few shops I like that aren't elsewhere/ Busiest I've ever seen it - West End must have been a nightmare then!

Mask compliance seemed to be pretty good on the whole - busiest tubes I'd been on but still not packed.

Passed through West Ham this morning at 9am and I was completely taken aback at how busy it was, like a normal rush hour.

I think we're going to get another 4 to 6 week period of commercial property owning types screeching about people working from home being communist scum who should be taxed through the eyeballs and all the money raised given to them, followed by the government piling in with similar messages for the final 10 days or so before we go into the 3rd lockdown, B.1.617 flavour.

I think the area's I visited yesterday were so quiet as they were predominately tourist areas as opposed to working ones.
We went to Dishoom. I tried to book Covent garden but is was fully booked. I easily booked Carnaby Street and amended it.
It was about half full and bloody marvelous. It was so good to be out again.

Went up on the 1043 to Brighton and got off at East Croydon as I craved a tram ride. So rode to Wimbledon (memory lane as I lived there for 8 years) , lunched at the Prince Albert and got a train to Waterloo after a mooch around - 68 bus to Aldwych and walked via Covent Garden to Leicester Square and Piccadilly line to KX and home.

Like a tap has turned on - with the exception of light class 455 (the real believers will know) , it was very decently busy all round - great to see the Tube more than half full and "normal" platforms and escalators - so all to play for. Quite impressed.

I think the area's I visited yesterday were so quiet as they were predominately tourist areas as opposed to working ones.
We went to Dishoom. I tried to book Covent garden but is was fully booked. I easily booked Carnaby Street and amended it.
It was about half full and bloody marvelous. It was so good to be out again.
We absolutely Love Dishoom, must have been great.

Back
Top Bottom