Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London pirate radio - news and discussion

Some Friday night old skool jungle tape rippage!

adkkg6.jpg

Kool FM 94.5 - Probe, Swift, Mc G, CoGee - May 95 (download here - 85MB).

Weekend Rush 92.3 - Mark One, Bandit - May 95 (download here - 85MB)
* check the 15 mins of ads in the middle - bitd when they were hammered from a tape and they start to sound the worse for wear :D

was Weekend Rush still going in 95? thought it ended in 93 or 94...

Do these sorts of links only work once or something? I (someone else) messed it up & it doesn't seem to want to let me have another go.

Should work ok - is downloading for me. Let me know if you still can't get it and I'll re-up it to somewhere else.

Do these sorts of links only work once or something? I (someone else) messed it up & it doesn't seem to want to let me have another go.
i had a problem with mediafire like that the other day. it should work everytime though. maybe clean out cookies or temp files or whatnot if its still not happy.

oi! :mad:
trying not to look at that flyer as i most prob won't be able to afford a trip up and stay for it as much as i'd love to be there and represent :(

off topic
Steph - are you playing the Raindance gig?

they play out all over still, and festies
and they're on twitter now! added me the other day :cool:

oi! :mad:
trying not to look at that flyer as i most prob won't be able to afford a trip up and stay for it as much as i'd love to be there and represent :(

off topic
Steph - are you playing the Raindance gig?
:D
tbh it will probably be a lot of newskool noisy noisy dnb
does that help? :)

I think steph is on an urban holiday at the mo - what did you see ddraig?

I need to look at this thread when I'm at home- none of the flyers are working........

Been listening to a new (to my ears) DnB station tonight http://www.londonswaxfm.com/ - 102.4fm Some good tunes playing - supposedly in SE London somewhere. Only on weekends I think

By the way, theres an Indian station I can almost pick up in the same area of the dial ( around 102 ) - can anyone ID it - would like a netstream :)

Picked up a great selection of 60s Ska / Reggae this evening on the way from darkest Berkshire to Catfordish (I'm staying at Mum's for a few days) between 9 and 10.

Only snag is I didn't see the frequency (my car radio shows it for about 2 seconds then goes back to the time - ARGH) and he didn't give a station ID at all.

I don't know if this is the staple diet of the station, or one particular show on Wednesday evenings, as I lost the signal about 10pm just as he was handing over. He didn't say who he was, I didn't catch who he was handing over to, but he did mention "Papa Dread" doing the late night slot from midnight.

I got the impression from the adverts (and the fact I found it somewhere round Earls Court and lost the signal out here) that the station is West / North West London based. I think he did give a London landline number out at one point but couldn't write it down while trying to remember which bloody lane I wanted at Vauxhall...

It was somewhere among the radio 1 signals - maybe 97-98 ish FM.

I've tried googling most of the things I can think of (and got referred back to this thread a few times)

Can anyone help from this vagueness?

I seem to have lost the signal to quite a few stations in the last few months.
I haven't been able to get Origin 95.1fm for the last week or so.

Kool FM 94.5 - Probe, Swift, Mc G, CoGee - May 95

hehe... "we are the pirate station, tellin DTI we don't give a damn", lol. Takes me back!

Centreforce, Sunrise, Fantasy, Weekend Rush, Kool, Girls, Rinse, Freeze, Ice, Life, Delight, OnTop, Deja Vu and loads more I've forgotten... if it wasn't for stations like these, I would be richer, and probably have a few million more braincells left as well, lol :D

I is has tickets for Kool FM 20th Birthday! Cant wait. 5 rooms of DNB :D! We share the same birthday (well, out by a day). As a result of that I went to the Kool FM 1st Birthday (Nov 92) - memory is pretty hazy: it was in some kind of Scout Hut/Church Hall/Working Mans Club, but quite big for that, somewhere in hackney I think. The crowd included a fair few punks I seem to recall - in fact it was a real rag tag bunch. Power cut out twice plunging the place into darkness, leaving the bulky frame of Eastman, torch in hand running around trying to find the fuse box. Wasnt the best night out in the world, but a funny memory nonetheless.

More on Tape Crackers film, including how to get a DVD and a follow up radio show on Resonance with the guys talking about early grime tapes which is bloody great:
http://www.uncarved.org/blog/2011/0...e-tapes-with-michael-finch-and-rollo-jackson/

I bought the Tape Crackers DVD in the ICA shop at the weekend - was there to see a film and saw it quite by chance :)

It cost £10 and is about 1 hour 20 mins running time.
Enjoyed watching it - the guy's enthusiasm is very evident and touching, even for someone (i.e. myself :D) who doesn't share his love of MCing.
Loved the trousers 'show and tell' bit at the end as well!

Picked up a great selection of 60s Ska / Reggae this evening...

Think I've tracked them down, and found the stream on the web - pretty sure it's RJR - similar sort of playlist the last couple of evenings. :cool:

Dunno how I missed them on the list that opens this thread :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom