Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London pirate radio - news and discussion

Roy-Scheider-Jaws.1.jpg

we're gonna need a bigger hardrive

Dont know if anyone was planning on going to Kool's 20th, but its had to change date and venue to Coronet on the 10th December - sounds like Fire/Lightbox lost its license...

313215_303635829663160_290133054346771_1271145_15556509_n.jpg

I was looking forward to the 5 rooms of DnB/Jungle/old skool etc, and coronet is very much a one big hall venue from what i can tell, though ive seen it written theyre going to try and create 5 rooms in the coronet... doubt it some how. Still, at least i can get the bus home from the coronet...

EDIT - reason for loss of license not drugs it seems, jsut bullshit
I must apologise personally for the venue and date change of our event at Fire and Lightbox on the 19th November 2011, ‘20 Years of Kool with a K’

It will now take place at the Coronet on Saturday 10th December 2011 from 10pm to 7am.

The reason we had to move venue and date is because Fire and Lightbox has temporary lost its licence for a couple of months.

The first I heard of this is when I was flying outside Jungle Mania and one of the bouncers looked at our flyer and asked whether I was sure Fire has still got its licence? That was on the Saturday so first thing Monday morning we were on the phone to Fire to see what was going on. They said they still had their licence but they had to go to court regarding the licence in two weeks! They also stated that even if they did lose their licence they would appeal and get a year temporary licence so we had nothing to worry about! Long story short they went to court and were issued with a year temporary licence. But as a punishment they lost their licence for a 2 month period that started last week so meant our event could not go ahead!

Fire then said if we had proof of our advanced ticket sales over 850 they could try to go the local council to get a temporary licence, well the local council said no! They also offered us ‘Club Area’ for free but I declined as there’s no way I could take our event to ‘Area’ as we had already sold 850 advanced tickets and still a month to go to the event! So we were looking at over 2000 or maybe 2500 people going to ‘Area’. I thought ‘no way’ as it only holds 1400 people and I felt it would be very unfair on you, and not good for any of us either.

So please keep showing us your loyal support as ever and come to the Coronet on Saturday 10th December. As you know we had put out a 1000 £10 tickets as we have already sold over 850. We have put another 200 £10 tickets out as Coronet is a bigger venue and we wanted to show some good will.

Thank you all once again for your massive support over the last 20 years and I hope you can come to ‘20 years of Kool with a K!’

Peace from the East.... x

itll turn up. have you looked down the back of the sofa?
in the meantime heres the
Tracklist

1. timebase feat kromozone - fireball - boogie times
2. kromozone - the rush - subbase 001
3. m&m - dont stand in my way - subbase 002
4. phuture assassins - shot like dis - subbase 003
5. austin - i get high - subbase 004
6. q bass - dancin people (remix) - subbase 005
7. m&m feat rachel wallace - i feel this way - subbase 006r
8. q bass - hardcore will never die (radio edit) - subbase 007
9. sonz of a loop da loop era - far out - subbase 008
10. run tings - fires burning - subbase 009
11. phuture assassins - future sound - subbase 010
12. phuture assassins - ryddim come forward (remixed with krome and time) - subbase 010
13. phuture assassins - future sound (2 bad mice remix) - subbase 010r
14. krome and time - this sound is for the underground - subbase 011
15. krome and time - manic stampede - subbase 011
16. smart e's - sesame's treet - subbase 012
17. rachel wallace - tell me why - subbase 013
18. run tings - back again (remix) - subbase 016r
19. d'cruze - i believe (92 remix) - subbase 017r
20. dj hype - shot in the dark - subbase 020
21. dj hype - weird energy (hells bells mix) - subbase 020r
22. dj hype - shot in the dark (remix) - subbase 020r
23. q bass - deepa - subbase 021
24. phuture assassins - roots n future - subbase 022
25. dj rap and aston - jeapordy - subbase 023
26. dj hype - the chopper - subbase 024
27. d'cruze - want you now (ss & eq remix) - subbase 025r
28. dj krome & mr time - the slammer - subbase 026
29. the boogie time tribe - the dark stranger - subbase 027
30. the boogie times tribe - the dark stranger (origin unknown mix) - subbase 027r
31. the boogie times tribe - the dark stranger (q bass mix) - subbase 027r2
32. rachel wallace - pressure - subbase 029
33. johnny jungle - flammable - subbase 030
34. q bass feat skeng g - gun connection (m beat remix) - subbase 031r
35. sonz of a loop da loop era - what the (session 1 riots in rayleigh) - subbase 033r
36. d'cruze - watch out - subbase 034
37. the noise of art - rollin deep (danny breaks & andy c mix) - subbase 035
38. dj dextrous & rude boy keith - da kings of the jungle part 1 - subbase 036
39. dj dextrous & rude boy keith - da kings of the jungle part 36r
40. dj dextrous & rude boy keith - da kings of the jungle part 36r2
41. dj hype - roll the beats (feat mc gq) - subbase 038
42. dj hype - dawn of the fever - subbase 038r
43. run tings - ruff revival - subbase 042
44. d'cruze - lonely - subbase 043
45. marvellous caine - dub plate style - subbase 047
46. the dream team - stamina - subbase 049
47. run tings & liftin' spirits - come easy - subbase 051
48. johnny jungle - bad boy sound (pascal remix) - subbase 052r
49. joker - tomic's jazz lick - subbase 064
50. swift - on the beat - subbase 066
51. dream team - raw dogs relik - subbase 068
52. ill figure - untouchable - subbase 072
53. timebase - unity - boogie times

I was looking forward to the 5 rooms of DnB/Jungle/old skool etc, and coronet is very much a one big hall venue from what i can tell, though ive seen it written theyre going to try and create 5 rooms in the coronet... doubt it some how. Still, at least i can get the bus home from the coronet...

Coronet is a much better venue imo. I have been to a massive do there which had 5 or so seperate 'areas', I can't remember the full details cos I ended up being carried out of the venue that night. :oops:

Coronet is a much better venue imo. I have been to a massive do there which had 5 or so seperate 'areas', I can't remember the full details cos I ended up being carried out of the venue that night. :oops:
lol - thanks onket, nice to hear that. Ive been once to coronet once for orb/mad prof and wouldnt have guessed that 5 rooms was possible - thanks. its turning into the ultimate old ravers home reunion night <trying to get everyone and their mates down to this, especially the parents and people we've lost touch with. really looking forward to it.

I think there was a soundsystem in the downstairs (bar?) area after the entrance but before the main room, then several seperate ones upstairs.

i have been to the coronet and there were different rooms, so long ago now (DJ Craze was playing jungle) there is no way i can remember the layout :oops:

thanks for the suburban base mix, one of my fave labels
and love Eastman, Kool fm forever! :cool:

Heres the link for the eastman show http://podcast.dgen.net/rinsefm/podcast/UncleDugs181111.mp3

Tracklist

1. the prodigy - charlie - xl
2. indo tribe - owl (i can see you mix) - jumpin and pumpin
3. bassheads - is there anybody out there? - deconstruction
4. nicolette - dove song - suad
5. cosmo and dibbs - star eyes - moving shadow
6. congress - better grooves - inner rhythm
7. friends of matthew - out there - pulse-8
8. midi rain - eyes - vinyl solution
9. nicolette - single minded people - suad
10. rhythm section - nu generation (outta my face) - rhythm section
11. dj ss - the stomp - formation
12. dj ss - the e face - formation
13. thompson twins - come inside - warner
14. dj excel - just when you thought it was safe - white
15. rum & black - wicked - suad
16. cosmo & dibbs - up keys - moving shadow
17. x-static - free (e type remix) - production house
18. djaimin - give you (dancefloor syndromad mix) - cooltempo
19. isotonik - different strokes - ffrr
20. house crew - get on up - production house

Eastman interview..

Caught this on Rinse today, was a good show and to hear Eastman talking about the early days of Kool and Jungle Fever. Also wicked to hear two Nicolette tunes :cool:

Caught this on Rinse today, was a good show and to hear Eastman talking about the early days of Kool and Jungle Fever. Also wicked to hear two Nicolette tunes :cool:
Excellent interview I thought - I've heard him interviewed once before , and read an interview, but never at such length, or by someone who really knows the scene and what to ask. Quite candid from Eastman too. Great bit of oral history

Thanks for the useful and interesting thread!

BTW its easy to stream internet streams through most modern car radios:- if you have a smart phone and/or a mobile internet dongle. (PM me if you're having trouble.)

I listen to Kool London most of the time driving round Birmingham (apart from the weekends when Fusion 90.2 (Birmingham) has a fighting chance!).

^ that was Don's RSL studio, ska! :cool: They never got the props they deserved imo for what they achieved with that - the first hardcore/jungle station to get a legal broadcast (and back in 94 too!).

Back
Top Bottom