Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London pirate radio - news and discussion

Sunrise tried to have a proper debate about raves being shut down once, with a phone-in and everything. I wish I had a tape of it. One bit of debate went like this, approximately:

Sunrise DJ: John from Eltham on the line, what's your POV?
John: Well it's the police innit?
DJ: Yeah, what about them?
John: Well they're the police yeah?
DJ: Yeah?
John: Well they're the police. And that.
DJ: So what you're saying is 'The police are the police'
John: Yeah, basically.
DJ: We've got Keith from Bermondsey on the other line.

kool have got motor mouth mc Five 0 reading the sun out in the mornings and then doing a phone in - great idea - but doesnt quite come off - would be great if they had some guests come in and talk a bit of politics. new world order gets mentioned a lot. i'd love to hear how some anarchist personalities would go down in that format.

Haha, I listened to Five-O a few weeks ago with that Kool phone-in/talk show...

Five-O: "So, caller on the line - what do you think we should do with them?"

Caller: "Bun dem"

5418332696_13f15d6f84.jpg
Amercher :p

My tapes must get tape player again start ripping again. Think I got a another box in loft that I have ripped.
5418710220_1054b6de8c.jpg

5418710296_49426736a2.jpg

number of Cf / Fantasy- Shadow fax / Kiss Faver/Dale/Jackson/Brenda
Horizon radio - Swingball/Pigbag
Gails FM
deepheat 1 & 2
so on ...............

Last caller ring back...
Last caller page back... .)

One for you Ska - just pulled out a tape of Kool from way back with Five-O - upped a couple of minutes of it here - rinsin' it out proper in 93!!! :cool: :D

steph the file is only 3mb and 3 mins long - not sure if it uploaded properly ;)

dlx1 - you know what you have to do! From i found it hard to find a good working tape deck though. Plenty of broken ones out there. also i found an old head cleaning kit and found that my tapes were so manky it was worth cleaning the head after every couple of tape plays

From the kool archives check out the Maddness feat General Levy and Maddness feat Demolition Man for a couple of really interesting interviews. The General Levy one is particularly funny and features Five-0 calling in trying to apologise to Levy for dissing him back in the day (as a lot of people did, what with Levy being on TOTP and generally making it) <cringe worthy radio :D!

"first jungle on totp ever!"

For good new tunes I really like Fatboy's Ubermusic show...thats my tip.

and one last thing Ive also come across is Staf, who often plays some interesting breakbeat dubstep in his shows - I think its a sound that he seems to be involved with <sounds pretty fresh.

Yep... 'upped a couple of minutes of it'... but will up the whole thing at some point ;)

DJ Tonic and Five-O - pretty heavyweight hardcore jungle from 1993. And check the ads at 27.30 :cool: :D

Have uploaded here (85MB).

Also, if 1999 drum & bass is your thing, I upped one of my Ruud Awakening tapes here a while ago in case you missed it.

:)

Thanks a lot Steph - waking me up nicely! Love this grimey 93 style - the era when it wasnt 'Es' any more, just anonymous and dodgey 'pills' (snowballs :eeek:) - some raw tracks around... bpm up another 10

Love that 'set me free' tune that comes in from the t.o.p at 10 mins <I think it might be a potential badboy track - any idea?

Ad break - wicked - i always cut the ads on tapes - nice to hear again - still remember that out of tune Life & Utopia sing-a-long :D The other one that still stays with me is the -telepelepatahy [teeeellllleeeepppaaaatttthhhhyyyy mmmmaaaannnn] one.

Kool FM jingle: Time to rise - time to shine - bigger and better in 93 :D I think that was voiced by Stingray <he was the hyperest, loving-it of all MCs > I used to have lots of tapes with him on, partly as he was always in the studio - sadly tapes lost...

That said I did just the other day find one tape that I didnt get round to putting up on the blog first time around thats in a similiar vein to yours: Easy D with Stingray in good form - 93 skanky pill selection - I listened to it the other day and it gave me gurney flashbacks! :shudder: Just uploading it now... going to be needing a few track ids of it!

Love that 'set me free' tune that comes in from the t.o.p at 10 mins <I think it might be a potential badboy track - any idea?

Yep, it's Potential Bad Boy - both that and the 'Jump jump a little higher, giddy up' towards the start of the recording are on http://www.discogs.com/Potential-Bad-Boy-Gidi-Up-EP/release/224907

Ad break - wicked - i always cut the ads on tapes - nice to hear again - still remember that out of tune Life & Utopia sing-a-long :D The other one that still stays with me is the -telepelepatahy [teeeellllleeeepppaaaatttthhhhyyyy mmmmaaaannnn] one.

Kool FM jingle: Time to rise - time to shine - bigger and better in 93 :D I think that was voiced by Stingray <he was the hyperest, loving-it of all MCs > I used to have lots of tapes with him on, partly as he was always in the studio - sadly tapes lost...

Liiiiife at Utopia!!! :D

I like the Roast one - "If I caan get out on a Sunday, man ita put me in a curfew"... :D

That said I did just the other day find one tape that I didnt get round to putting up on the blog first time around thats in a similiar vein to yours: Easy D with Stingray in good form - 93 skanky pill selection - I listened to it the other day and it gave me gurney flashbacks! :shudder: Just uploading it now... going to be needing a few track ids of it!

On the dl right now :cool:

Yeah, I've been listening to 88.2 quite a bit lately - mostly because it doesn't have much in the way of motormouth MCing which does my head in on Kool :D

I like and listen to Rude fm and also Origin fm (95.1) - yeh, I dislike most MCing too, very irritating when you just want to listen to the tune!

Rinse FM is back! 106.8. Possibly testing? website has no new timetable etc.

Colin Dale's just announced he's returning to FM and internet radio with his Abstract Dance show, which included the Outer Limits section.

Which is the best news for anyone who remembers the original shows!

what stations that pk?

Back
Top Bottom