Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Latest transfer gossip...

This is just a hunch...

but I can see Tot'Lum swooping from IceLandic Uber winger Emil Hallfredsson...

He's a monster...

If this comes true... I'll expect a gracious and respectful kiss on the cheek from you doubting Thomi

WORST VIDEO CLIP EVER: http://this.is/fh/video/emmi_sla.AVI

More On Robinho And Tevez Re: Chelsea

So the strangest transfer of the season has gone through and Tevez has moved from Boca to Corinthians of Sao Paulo for 18 million dollars. Check out Tim Vickery's column for BBC sport to see just how absurd this move is.

The general suspicion is that Chelsea have reached an agreement with Corinthians through MSI (the London-based company who finance them, the same company that Mr.Abramovich owns 15% of). The further elaborated suspicion is that Chelsea are attempting to set up Corinthians as their S.American feeder club and Santos' Robinho is the next target. Quite what advantage this would give them eludes me, seeing as most of the reason for feeder clubs in places like Portugal and Belgium is to get round EU work permit regulations.

Diamond said:
So the strangest transfer of the season has gone through and Tevez has moved from Boca to Corinthians of Sao Paulo for 18 million dollars.

saw that, very suspicious...

Robinho's mother is still being held by the Kidknappers - apparently he can't move/play til she's returned.

Spurs 'dealings': - I'm going to update this. for and ever and ever amen

we have either £4M or £14M to spend depending on who you believe

IN (30)

Wihelmsson
Routledge
Wright-Phillips
Tainio
Malbranque
Dindane
Yakubu
Beattie
Halfredsson
Behrami
Ashton
Carew
Bridge
Anelka
Jankuslovski
Cribari
Reid (how could I forget the little Irish podger)
Robert
Koller
De Ridder
Sneijder
Buffel
Parker
Cole
Govou
Van Bommel
Faye
Taylor
Hangeland
Elding (this chap plays for Stevenage - we don't discriminate)

Out

Redknapp - Fulham/Southampton
Keane - Celtic/Everton/Man C/Liverpool
Kanoute - Southampton/Genoa
Defoe - Chelsea
King - Juventus
Brown - ?
Davies - Cardiff/Everton
Gardner - Southampton
Richards - Wolves

It must be true

Crewe have accepted a bid from Norwich for Dean Ashton :D :D :D :D
Let's hope he likes the place and decides to come.

Chris Coleman wants to sell Steed Malbranque after a player-club fallout

And interestingly,Jon Dahl Tomasson has signalled his interest in returning to Newcastle, the player who altho crap with us was popular with fans has won shitloads and wants a chance to prove himself at SJP after AC Milan told him he was out of favour

Brazilian Midfielder Fabio Rochemback (Barcelona) currently on loan at Sporting Lisbon may well be on his way to Arsenal.

He's 25 and apparently Wenger wants him to add much needed cover to our Midfield.

You heard it here first!

CK1977 said:
Brazilian Midfielder Fabio Rochemback (Barcelona) currently on loan at Sporting Lisbon may well be on his way to Arsenal.

He's 25 and apparently Wenger wants him to add much needed cover to our Midfield.

You heard it here first!

Wenger would do well to leave Rochemback alone...terrible, terrible player. Worst midfield player we've had in a long time, and even Giovanni was pretty poor.

Can't cross, doesn't track back. He's basically Overmars, minus the skill, pace and attacking instinct, ie, shite.

Palace to sign Vincent Candela today. Other rumoured targets include Zamora (hmm), Francesco Coco and Kily Gonzalez on loan from Inter and Moldovan hotshot Sergei Dadu.

Portsmouth sign two greek players...

Chalkias, Greek no2 keeper at euro 2005. 6ft 5in monster...

189552_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

Skopelitis, sounds like a disease, tackles like a madman...

skopelitis.jpg

:D

What's going on with Andy Reid?!

SchkySchports said:
Despite agreeing a deal with Forest Redknapp fears he may miss out on completing a move for Reid.

Redknapp has indicated that another Premiership club are chasing the Irishman and that they are close to agreeing a move for the winger.

Tottenham have been repeatedly linked with Reid and it may be that Spurs have rekindled their interest in the player in the wake of Southampton's bid being accepted.

"The chairman [Rupert Lowe] has agreed terms with Nottingham Forest, but I don't think the lad will be coming here," said Redknapp.
"I think Tottenham will be interested, and he will end up there."

So apparently Arsenal's dressing room is so unsettled that Reyes, Pires and Cole are all off in the summer (and maybe Vieira too). What with the money we'll get for those transfers, the money from Granada, and the money already set aside for transfer dealings; we'll have close on 100 million to chuck about.

Consequently we'll buy SWP for around 15 mill, Essien for slightly less, Owen for 10 mill, Gerrard for 40 mill, and King with whatever's left over.

It's clearly an outlandish catch-all rumour but I heard it from a relatively reliable source.

Outlandish isn't the word.

£40m would surely be out of Arsenal's abilities and even so you'd imagine Chelsea would win any bidding war.

I reckon you could get SWP for less than £15m though and Owen on a season long loan deal with first option at £6-8m

Rocket Romano said:
Outlandish isn't the word.

£40m would surely be out of Arsenal's abilities and even so you'd imagine Chelsea would win any bidding war.

I reckon you could get SWP for less than £15m though and Owen on a season long loan deal with first option at £6-8m

Well if you think through the outgoings:

Reyes - 10 to 20 million (Real Madrid)
Pires - 2 million (mid-level premiership team?)
Cole - 30 to 40 million (Chelsea)
[Vieira - 25 million (Real Madrid)]

then add that to the 30 million from Granada and the 20 million or so that had already been set aside, it quickly becomes clear that Arsenal will have a lot of cash sloshing about at Highbury this summer. Considering that it will be our final season at Highbury and we've already changed our kit for it, I don't think it's inconceivable for Wenger to be allowed to splash out.

Suppose. But for a club thats spent so very little in the past few seasons, yet produced, would the board be willing for a radical policy change

Well there have been some more developments and it looks like reyes could go to real in a swap deal for mickey owen, while essien will almost certainly come to Arsenal if a bidding war with Man U erupts because of the Rooney effect on Man U's transfer budget. SWP's pretty much a cert for between 15 and 20 mill depending on the chances of a swap (Pires?) and City's bargaining position. If Essien does come then Gerrard would drop off the list and the board would have to start hunting down some bright young defenders. There was talk of Mexes and Nesta, but King looks to be the most likely option.

Relahni said:
Henry, Cole and Gerrard to Chelsea in the Summer...

Cole and Gerrard I can understand, but the idea that Henry would leave Highbury is laughable unless Wenger goes with him to Chelsea.

Diamond said:
Cole and Gerrard I can understand, but the idea that Henry would leave Highbury is laughable unless Wenger goes with him to Chelsea.

Why laughable?

Henry's kicking off about Arsenal not spending anything. Chelsea have said they will spend £100m on one player. Chelsea have ok strikers at the club and are looking for a striker.......

Relahni said:
Why laughable?

Henry's kicking off about Arsenal not spending anything. Chelsea have said they will spend £100m on one player. Chelsea have ok strikers at the club and are looking for a striker.......

Henry's loyalty to Arsenal, or more correctly Wenger's Arsenal, is absolutely remarkable. He gives full credit to his conversion into a striker and his blossoming into a great player to the club and Wenger. I find it very difficult to imagine Henry leaving Arsenal and there is no indication that he is thinking of doing so. This so-called criticism of the transfer policy was taken out of context, and if you actually look at the full quotations from the press conference, you can see that Henry was trying to put Arsenal's achievements over the past few years into perspective with their disproportionately small transfer budget. He was trying to emphasise the team's achievement, rather than emphasising a need to spend.

i agree with the baron. henry won't leave. will the gunners please buy someone established? i know wenger's forte is bringing players on but the squad is such that we need proven individuals with a bit of steel. swp excepted. who's this behrami fella from verona? anybody? another talented youngster it seems but how many can one club have?
whatever you do arsene BUY BUY BUY

TheLostProphet said:
Portsmouth sign two greek players...

Chalkias, Greek no2 keeper at euro 2005. 6ft 5in monster...

189552_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

Skopelitis, sounds like a disease, tackles like a madman...

skopelitis.jpg

:D

he's about as crap as Rowan Atkinson in goal

Arsenal/Man Utd are tracking Jenas with £10m offers.

Why? He doesn't even start in our team and he's been poor for 2 seasons....£10m...I'll piggyback him down

Relahni said:
Henry, Cole and Gerrard to Chelsea in the Summer...

A stupid rumour with an obvious one.

Is this from the same 'source' that you claim always gets it right (then never mention the rumours again when they go tits up?)

Rocket Romano said:
Arsenal/Man Utd are tracking Jenas with £10m offers.

Why? He doesn't even start in our team and he's been poor for 2 seasons....£10m...I'll piggyback him down

He'd get into both those side's midfield though - the weakest part of both teams.

Back
Top Bottom