Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour Party split watch

Max Mosley Gives Tom Watson £200,000 - Guido Fawkes

mosley.jpg

More seriously

i wonder if Watsons stuff around media/privacy is linked to Mosley favour towards him

I've been considering starting a new thread on something, bit I'm not sure if it is worth it, so will stick it here for now. Unless people think a new thread would be better.

There are lot of people on here, including me, who would never join the Labour Party as it is. I'm wondering if this would change if the Labour Party was to split. Obviously we can't know exactly what form a split would take. But I assume that if there was a split then a large number of middle ground 'moderate' types would stick with whoever gets the name. Meaning that a left wing split from the Labour Party would be a very different beast than the Labour Party following a right wing split.

For me the answer would still be no, I think it's pretty much a dead end. However I don't think I could completely rule it out at some point the the future. Depending on how things develop politically, there might come a time when I feel signing up would be worthwhile. Especially if it was to engage in more than just parliamentary politics and actually start doing stuff.

I've also been wondering how the various trot groups would react? How likely would it be for the SP or the SWP to enter on mass*? Although I suspect they simply might not be allowed to do so?

*mass really doesn't seem the right word. :)

The Labour Party will, to me, always be a party who believes in the nationalisation of basic services, health, transport, water and energy, and reasonable and fair protection to the WC and the vulnerable, anything less is Tory light/ neoliberalism. not 'the Labour Party'
Anybody who promises the above plus a clear narrowing of the difference between the incomes of CEOs and those at the bottom will get me vote.

At the moment Corbyn is the only politician who comes close!

The Party Conference is in Brighton this year. Let's hope that a new, left dominated NEC decides to implement a rapid de-selection policy with immediate effect.
fighting-mods-rockers-quadrophenia-1979-BP7EJB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom