Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

Ian Austin, Labour MP for Dudley North and former adviser to Gordon Brown, believes the party is in a far worse place than it was even under Miliband

"The Miliband experiment, he says, led too many in the party to think its future should be on the left."

I vaguely recall Austin making leftish noises in the past, must have been mistaken.

funny photo
_84369191_84369186.jpg

That non stop campaigning is bound to take its toll after a while . Even that normally dynamic Keith Vaz chap has had to a break from Burnhams campaign . Bound to take its toll .

https://mobile.twitter.com/keith_vaz

Is Burnham really likely to offer Corbyn a shadow ministerial post ? That was surprising news for me .

I watched them on was it Sunday Politics.

As a group they seemed to lack the charisma a good leader needs.

I wondered if it was the setting, which seemed more like making a presentation in a living room than for example making on at a political rally. No idea how they would translate into a rally type situation but I think that would be a better test as to whether they have charisma or not.

I watched them on was it Sunday Politics.

As a group they seemed to lack the charisma a good leader needs.

I wondered if it was the setting, which seemed more like making a presentation in a living room than for example making on at a political rally. No idea how they would translate into a rally type situation but I think that would be a better test as to whether they have charisma or not.

Hard to have any kind of rally when the public doesn't give a fuck one way or the other I suppose.

Or praps one for the 'Why Labour is Scum' thread.

Jeremy Corbyn: Labour MPs are plotting a coup against the potential leader if he is elected
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...tential-leader-if-he-is-elected-10399272.html

Illustrates nicely just how much respect these people have for the democratic process. It's like that kid who would always flip over the monopoly board and scatter all the pieces everywhere as soon as he started losing, because if I can't win then the game is wrong and nobody gets to play it.

Last edited:
“We cannot just allow our party, a credible party of government, to be hijacked in this summer of madness. There would be no problem in getting names. We could do this before Christmas.”

...err, what part of losing an election against the most incompetent government in living memory makes you think you're a credible party of government? Fucking petulant little children the lot of them, it's embarassing.

Also, why have I never heard of Corbyn before?

He doesn't strike me as one to draw attention to himself. He certainly wouldn't have been in any danger of getting picked for a cabinet/shadow cabinet seat under Blair, Brown or Milipede.

He doesn't strike me as one to draw attention to himself. He certainly wouldn't have been in any danger of getting picked for a cabinet/shadow cabinet seat under Blair, Brown or Milipede.
Yeah, also I guess it makes you realise how unhealthy the left wing of the Labour party - and by extension the party itself are when the left wing candidate is unknown.

Was Ed Miliband the most left wing candidate last time?

Yeah, also I guess it makes you realise how unhealthy the left wing of the Labour party - and by extension the party itself are when the left wing candidate is unknown.

Was Ed Miliband the most left wing candidate last time?

That was probably Diane Abbott. The dozen or so relative leftwingers (Diane "private schooling my kids" Abbott included) tend to stump up a candidate to "broaden the conversation" - it was Meacher in 2007 but he didn't get enough nominations.

Back
Top Bottom