Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

CMtkwA7WoAAW_QM.jpg:large

The Left last night, look at all the banners, etc.

Sorry, I couldn't resist it.

life-of-brian.jpg

was waiting for that.

Guido will be using it soon.

btw, funny how the cynicism and criticisms of Corbomania are coming from ex cult members, SWP, SP, SPGB, etc.

btw, bit cheeky to edit your comments after the fact without acknowledging it. Makes you seem more insightful than you actually are.

Edit: And, btw, the SPGB is a sect rather than a cult. We never had the 'personality' to qualify for cult status.

I dunno who to vote for deputy, is Caroline Flint ok?
She is on the right, Angela Eagle is leftish and boring and Stella Creasy is leftish and interesting, Tom Watson is a diehard bureaucrat and a supporter of Luke Akehursts strange Labour First group
Watson gets some props for going after the establishment peeds and that. I'd probably vote for flint out of incredibly shallow reasons if I had a vote.

it's only the ones who should have 'better politics' you're sneering at, not the company they're now keeping? That's alright then, it's self-evidently better they should stick with those who properly self define as radicals, heads held high, purity intact. That's worked so well. Listening to, and engaging with, other people is bad and has unpredictable consequences.

You're constructing a straw man argument.

I never said any of that guff about not talking to people outside the 'radical' milieu, in fact the cultural/friendship scene like nature of much of the UK left is something I think is a real stumbling block to a better movement.

And not 'sneering', I'm being critical of thinking parliamentary politics are the direction to go in, and the blind enthusiasm for Corbyn and Labour.

Back
Top Bottom