Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour leadership

Honestly people must look at this and think we're all a bunch of lunatics. And there's nothing wrong with cynicism especially when labour is concerned ffs
i think they'd draw one conclusion about treelover and quite another about everyone else. they'd likely think that we were all very tolerant of treelover's little foibles.

I'd say that sceptical is a better word here (well hopefully anyway) than cynical

Although cynical can be:
https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/doubtful#doubtful__2
Doubtful as to whether something will happen or whether it is worthwhile: most residents are cynical about efforts to clean mobsters out of their city
It has the edge of
Believing that people are motivated purely by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity: he was brutally cynical and hardened to every sob story under the sun
Whereas sceptical has the main meaning:
and only a peripheral:
Philosophy: relating to the theory that certain knowledge is impossible.

(but how do they know that?)

A lot of lefties dont get that there are many people who view blair and labour with the same loathing as they have for thatcher and the tories.

Its very difficult for me to see why i should support someone who was a member of labour for 32 years to be the leader of the country with wild enthusiasm and that any suggestion hes not gonna save the world is 'cynicism' because labour were once good 30 or 40 years ago, ie nearly twice my age. Its fucking patronising in fact.

And the self righteous attitude im seeing from a lot of labour supporters basically confirms this view like someone was banging on about why i should support labour as a progressive force because the winter of discontent only happened because of 'right wingers' 40 years ago. In other words labour has been shit for 40 years but we should still support corbyn. Fuck off. Its like someone saying we should support cameron because of ted heath and benjamin disreali.

Reactions: LDC
Back
Top Bottom