Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour & Anti-Semitism.

This is todays Steve Bell cartoon. Am i missing something, is this funny?
Bell hasn't been funny for a long time.
belltoon512.jpg

maybe that there's a fucking tsunami of 'anti semitic' accusations swirling around, with v little supporting evidence, all helping work towards the end goal of undermining any leftist support for #BDS in the UK, and v little attention being paid to hard evidence of Israeli Embassy involvement in this procress ?
having met one man expelled from labour for anti-semitism i can honestly say that in at least one case there was an anti-semite in labour.

having met one man expelled from labour for anti-semitism i can honestly say that in at least one case there was an anti-semite in labour.
But Ken Livingstone has said "I’ve been in the Labour party for 47 years; I’ve never heard anyone say anything antisemitic." He must've just never crossed paths with the individual you mention then.

But Ken Livingstone has said "I’ve been in the Labour party for 47 years; I’ve never heard anyone say anything antisemitic." He must've just never crossed paths with the individual you mention then.
i don't know whether he's met yer man or not - i rather suspect he has - but as a rule of thumb bringing up hitler's relationship with the jews, whether you believe yourself to be on strong historical ground or no, is a Bad Idea.

i don't know whether he's met yer man or not - i rather suspect he has - but as a rule of thumb bringing up hitler's relationship with the jews, whether you believe yourself to be on strong historical ground or no, is a Bad Idea.

he's mugged himself / LP off massively, depressing

Last edited:
Or maybe he or she just never said anything anti-semitic in Ken's presence. Also his 47 years means he joined the party somewhat after anti-semitism became unfashionable.

he's mugged himself / LP off massively, depressing
tbh being as his political career was launched in a coup against the labour group leader at the glc, one andrew mcintosh, it's no great surprise to see his political career disappear in disgrace - the sort of karma i think mcintosh's sons might appreciate, the author of his own exile.

maybe that there's a fucking tsunami of 'anti semitic' accusations swirling around, with v little supporting evidence, all helping work towards the end goal of undermining any leftist support for #BDS in the UK, and v little attention being paid to hard evidence of Israeli Embassy involvement in this procress ?

Yes, indeed.

Wierdly, much of the rise in anti-Semitism in Ukraine has gone generally without comment. In fact, in the interest of backing Kiev, outspoken anti-Semites are praised.

Ukrainian war hero and lawmaker slurs Jews
Fan of Nazi collaborator to represent Ukraine at Paris Shoah symposium
American Embassy Praises Ukrainian Nationalist With Anti-Semitic Past

Is that your point mikey?

That question is not addressed to me, you realise.

tbh being as his political career was launched in a coup against the labour group leader at the glc, one andrew mcintosh, it's no great surprise to see his political career disappear in disgrace - the sort of karma i think mcintosh's sons might appreciate, the author of his own exile.
Not quite sure why a perfectly democratic vote should be described as a coup. Nor would I be sorry to have seen Macintosh deposed.

Neither of which stops Livingstone from being fairly described as a total prick today.

Twitter today (hashtag livingstone) is a quite revealing clusterfuck. The one years suspension has at least managed to unite in pissed offness everyone on both sides of the 'argument'.

Tone would have a diffrent take :hmm:
Ken is his own worse enemy whatever you think of zionism they are not Nazis and hitler really wasn't a fan of jews in the slightest.
Mentioning jews and hitler in the same sentence just no its not going to win the arguement even I can figure that one out.

By all accounts, Corbyn is to make a statement on this in the next couple of hours. Seems odd he didn't have one in the bag already tbh. Or perhaps, come up with one last night or this morning.

By all accounts, Corbyn is to make a statement on this in the next couple of hours. Seems odd he didn't have one in the bag already tbh. Or perhaps, come up with one last night or this morning.
You'd almost think it was because he was a bit crap and clueless. Letting Watson get in first, ffs.

I get the impression that Watson would beat a Buffalo stampede to the front of the queue. Especially if there were a cheque from Max (not a Nazi oh no) Mosley up at the front.

Back
Top Bottom