Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour Anti-Semitism (and general failings) Report

On a related note, have a few Labour members here don't we? Anyone staying in the party? I quit a few days ago but this is further proof that it was a waste of time.

I am thinking it may be way past time for a credible alternative to Labour.

Sadly the most active voices on that front seem to be from Galloways latest ego wank. Online anyway, which is only marginally relevant at the best of times.

The main reason I've given for not joining the party under Corbyn was I had no desire to spend my time battling a toxic hierarchy. Some people looked at me as though I were exaggerating when I said that.

What really fucks me off now is that most of the Corbynite left who choose to stay in the party will see the solution to these problems as getting rid of the particular people who were reported on in this document, rather than addressing the clear problems of structure that this reveals.

You could get rid of all the people implicated in this document and I'd still call the Labour Party a toxic hierarchy.

The main reason I've given for not joining the party under Corbyn was I had no desire to spend my time battling a toxic hierarchy. Some people looked at me as though I were exaggerating when I said that.

What really fucks me off now is that most of the Corbynite left who choose to stay in the party will see the solution to these problems as getting rid of the particular people who were a problem as reported in this document, rather than addressing the clear problems of structure that this reveals.

You could get rid of all the people implicated in this document and I'd still call the Labour Party a toxic hierarchy.

Hope burns eternal. I know people who stayed in for decades waiting for a moment like the Corbyn thing. Despite this they'll be staying in, the toxicity is the only political landscape they know. There can be nothing better in their mind. Hopefully newer/younger members won't be so willing to tie themselves to it.

I'm buggered if I know what the answer is.

While there's a point where enough is definitely enough, it's worth bearing in mind that the blairites will be quite happy if anyone working class and / or remotely left wing just leaves the party.

What is the 'something better'?

I think we've ruled George Galloway's latest thing out.

Tiny parties that might get a hundred or so votes in a few constituencies?

Accept perpetual tory government (albeit occasionally under a 'new labour' identity) and just do protest?

Something else?

Give up?

Blargh.

I'm buggered if I know what the answer is.

While there's a point where enough is definitely enough, it's worth bearing in mind that the blairites will be quite happy if anyone working class and / or remotely left wing just leaves the party.

What is the 'something better'?

I think we've ruled George Galloway's latest thing out.

Tiny parties that might get a hundred or so votes in a few constituencies?

Accept perpetual tory government (albeit occasionally under a 'new labour' identity) and just do protest?

Something else?

Give up?

Blargh.

smash the stitched up uk media/journalism, would be a start

Probably because she's got a load of shit from people over the last few days and locked it down.

They almost all have, anyone mentioned has gone into hiding not that anything is likely to happen. Doubt many jobs will be lost and, if they are, straight into the next one.

Reading the report I’m struck by how toxic the culture within Labour is. I used to think cobweb left sects set the bar highest but they are almost welcoming and well balanced compared to the vile fuckers in Labour.

That culture doesn’t seem limited to one faction or period. It’s deeply embedded.

YouSir or editor - can you amend the title to indicate what particular Labour report we're talking about? Ta.

What will happen is... next to nothing. Most of the people who were blocking the investigations have moved on. There'll be some more minor reshaping of the disciplinary units. Someone will be told off. 98% of those disciplined will claim the report exonerates them.

YouSir or editor - can you amend the title to indicate what particular Labour report we're talking about? Ta.

What will happen is... next to nothing. Most of the people who were blocking the investigations have moved on. There'll be some more minor reshaping of the disciplinary units. Someone will be told off. 98% of those disciplined will claim the report exonerates them.

Done.

Some people on the twitter predicting that leaking this thing unredacted (with all the names of everyone involved) is going to lead to a thousand legal actions and will bankrupt the party. So that’s great too.

Some people on the twitter predicting that leaking this thing unredacted (with all the names of everyone involved) is going to lead to a thousand legal actions and will bankrupt the party. So that’s great too.

Saw some lawyer saying they were taking legal action for those named. Financial effect of that should be a secondary concern though really, don't think they've realised how many members they're losing yet. The loss of subs will be the real killer.

dunno

the blairites are already saying this is corbyn / momentum / the left's fault

i'm sure they will scapegoat whoever leaked this rather than do anything about the content...

Fair point.

Saw some lawyer saying they were taking legal action for those named. Financial effect of that should be a secondary concern though really, don't think they've realised how many members they're losing yet. The loss of subs will be the real killer.

the lawyer concerned (Mark Lewis) has apparently said they will be going after anyone who got hold of a copy of the report

Back
Top Bottom