Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kim Jong il dead (ish)

The implications are staggering. Will Kim Jong-Un hold it together? Will the regime collapse? That whole country is held together with duct tape and chewing gum. A real humanitarian disaster complete with concentration camps. Who knows what will happen? I wouldn't want to be in Seoul right now.

Yep, like Teepee I doubt Kim Jong-Un will have enough influence or power to hold things together.......

Both China and Seoul don't want the North to collapse, but if it did they would both have reasons to step in and try to exert some power on the country..... Of course Seoul would be following the US's lead.........

USA vs China....Well at least I'm quite far away from Seoul. lol

I think china is going to inherit the north Korean issue.

Gives the Chinese a few more thousand or so miles of coast line, a huge army, albeit underfed yet highly motivated especially under threat of U.S invasion.

The other question is, can the U.S afford another fight/war of say two to three months or longer...if they pull back from full nuclear assault. Plus there is an election coming and I don't know if Obama would risk starting a conflict, which the U.S has had a known history of, when his performance with other actions have been met with public and press negativity.

Of course the people their once over the grief and 'show' of respect, return to their own empty lives maybe some will start to lead a revolution, they will see this younger fat son...errr cruising the country in his car, two bottles of cognac, etc and this will trigger some reaction I m sure.

I think china is going to inherit the north Korean issue.

Gives the Chinese a few more thousand or so miles of coast line, a huge army, albeit underfed yet highly motivated especially under threat of U.S invasion.

<snip>

China's not after more troops, they've been reducing the size of the PLA for years and trying to make it a more efficient modern force (and it's not like the country's short of blokes if they wanted). Also fairly sure they prefer having a buffer state between them and the ROK.
There was a story here of eight DPRK border guards crossing the Yalu Saturday with two dying when shot at by thier former comrades - wonder if they'd heard the news somehow.

China's not after more troops, they've been reducing the size of the PLA for years and trying to make it a more efficient modern force (and it's not like the country's short of blokes if they wanted). Also fairly sure they prefer having a buffer state between them and the ROK.
There was a story here of eight DPRK border guards crossing the Yalu Saturday with two dying when shot at by thier former comrades - wonder if they'd heard the news somehow.

Yep. China has been restructuring its armed forces with fewer troops. Highly-trained personnel and investment in better technology, as well as developing their navy, air force and strategic missile capability. That's why there was that recent American naval and Taiwan government interest in the improvement of their potentially carrier-destroying East Wind missiles. IIRC they don't have adequate satellite guidance technology yet to make them most effective.

The Team America clips postings are well under way on FB.

This could be a very interesting period indeed for the N Korea/S Korea/China/Japan region over the coming weeks/months. One thing won't change though - the endless suffering of the N Korean population in general :(

world-asia-pacific-11421928

Wrote six operas in 2 years? Impressive.

there is - was a performance of one of his operas on the bbc not too long ago...all about a certain hydro-electric dam project..

I've just had a thought. I wonder if all those Koreans sobbing on tv are just there for the tv, a bit like the North Korean "fans" at the World Cup? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom