Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ken Bruce leaving BBC radio 2

We need to know why he is going, pushed or taking money.
Frankly his show is terrible, the music god awful, but pop master is worth 15 minutes and nobody quite has the intination of Ken Bruce...he goes very very high and the then very very low all in one sentence all the time. One hell of a talent ;)

I bloody LOVE Popmaster. People on the Ken Bruce fan page on fb are losing their minds. Apparently they’re all going to switch off now. It’s hilarious!

I’ll just find the new station for my popmaster fix. Bugger that I won’t be able to listen to it in the car but hey Ho 🤷‍♀️

We need to know why he is going, pushed or taking money.
Frankly his show is terrible, the music god awful, but pop master is worth 15 minutes and nobody quite has the intination of Ken Bruce...he goes very very high and the then very very low all in one sentence all the time. One hell of a talent ;)

To answer the why soo many BBC stars are leaving...

1. Reorganisation at the BBC.
Driven by the need to reduce costs a lot of
experienced producers and journalists have been offered and taken voluntary redundancy.

Stars like to have quality back room staff to make them look good. These are being depleted at the Beeb.

2. London brain drain.
Media industry moving to places like Salford.

3. Salary publication.
Top stars absolutely loathe having their salaries published.

4. Salary publication pt2.
Rival media companies know exactly how much to offer to lure stars away from the BBC.

thank fuck. He clearly doesn't care if the people who call into his show expire on the spot. Blandest, most insincere smashy/nicey bore to sill haunt the airwaves. but mystifyingly popular.

Reactions: tim
He's had a good run , only listened to him occasionally, if I was on a long car journey at the same time. Loved popmaster , but probably listened to it 20 or so times.

Loved the show,he has a very soothing voice, really not into these
digital radios I have one but I have no how to use it.
I’ll just find the new station for my popmaster fix. Bugger that I won’t be able to listen to it in the car but hey Ho 🤷‍♀️
Greatest Hits Radio is on FM in large parts of the country. How to listen to Greatest Hits Radio on FM

I enjoy Popmaster, and listen in my van at work. Usually end up listening to the rest of the show unless Robert Elms is on BBC London.

Good. It's about time these old DJs moved on. 31 years is no different to all those old smashey and nicey dinosaurs from the 60s and 70s still DJing at Radio 1 in 1993.

I didn't know he was still going to be honest. I remember my Gran was a big fan and she died in 1999 so I'd have assumed he'd have packed it in years ago.

All the usual suspects are whining about him being 'cancelled' by the 'woke bbc' :hmm::rolleyes: He was been employed by the BBC since 19 fucking 77, I'd say he deserves a well paid gig elsewhere.(although he was on about £300k a year at the BBC)

Ken 'The Voice' Bruce is a national broadcasting legend* , one of Glasgow's finest, and any derogatory comments should be kept firmly to yourselves

*subject to any future revelations and accusations

All the usual suspects are whining about him being 'cancelled' by the 'woke bbc' :hmm::rolleyes: He was been employed by the BBC since 19 fucking 77, I'd say he deserves a well paid gig elsewhere.(although he was on about £300k a year at the BBC)

What? :D I find it hard to think he's done anything that even makes that semi plausible.

That unfunny Scots fella... nah, that's me. :p

Whenever I've heard R2 in a car or someplace, I've wondered why/how people listen to it (unless they're 60+).

And what's on Greatest Hits Radio that would make it a great move? You can tell that will be even worse than R2, probably one of those stations that plays the same ten records on a loop...

And what's on Greatest Hits Radio that would make it a great move? You can tell that will be even worse than R2, probably one of those stations that plays the same ten records on a loop...
Not necessarily, the music on his show is often genuinely terrible already
but he is a legend

That unfunny Scots fella... nah, that's me. :p

Whenever I've heard R2 in a car or someplace, I've wondered why/how people listen to it (unless they're 60+).

It’s worse than that. Fucking adverts.

People at work play it. “Yer Nan tune the radio for ya, did she?” /bantz

31 years! I've never even heard of him before this today I'm constantly shocked that anyone under 80 listens to R2. I can't even begin to imagine how awful Greatest Hits Radio is.
if in a car outside of london its only bbc radio on the fm ...thats when i tend to turn to it

Ken is Britains most listened to DJ though - if you dont know get to know :D

if in a car outside of london its only bbc radio on the fm ...thats when i tend to turn to it

Ken is Britains most listened to DJ though - if you dont know get to know :D
Out here in the provinces we do get R1, 3 and 4 you know. But I refuse to listen to R4 these days as well now, because.... cunts

Back
Top Bottom