Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Just got an allotment and have no idea how things work

I've pulled out another carpet, it was rotting into the ground and breaking up. Now there is loads of fluff in the ground :mad:

I've had a half sized plot for a few years and the lass on the other half quit recently so I now have her bit too. It was immaculate when she took it on last autumn but she hasn't really managed to stay on top of it.

Today was the first time I've been allowed to start clearing it and I kept thinking how lucky I am it's not as overgrown as yours.

I can see soil and get a fork in the ground for a start.

It's great to see you're not getting disheartened by it.

I've had a half sized plot for a few years and the lass on the other half quit recently so I now have her bit too. It was immaculate when she took it on last autumn but she hasn't really managed to stay on top of it.

Today was the first time I've been allowed to start clearing it and I kept thinking how lucky I am it's not as overgrown as yours.

I can see soil and get a fork in the ground for a start.

It's great to see you're not getting disheartened by it.
That's cool, what did you manage to get done?

Just planted some garlic from the supermarket, apparently you have to get special 'growing garlic' but I thought I'd give this a go

Evocative opening placement of Trabant windscreen gives a certain ‘Ostalgia’ je ne sais quois, while the juxtaposition of the mound of earth and the smaller discarded pile of man-made materials speaks volumes about our contemporary estrangement from not merely nature per se, but also from our very own nature, destructive at its core, yet itself both fragile and ephemeral.

Poignant and wistful, of course, yet also oddly thrilling, with a frisson of transgression and danger, like an illegal rave held in a basement under a Stasi listening post.

At once liminal, subliminal, and sublime.

A genre-defining triumph.

Last edited:
The39thStep contadino etc - any idea what could be going on here? They look a bit better after I gave them a feed but I'm a bit worried tbh

Attachments

• 20221030_125400.jpg
    20221030_125400.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20221030_125356.jpg
    20221030_125356.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20221030_125352.jpg
    20221030_125352.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221030_125339.jpg
    20221030_125339.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20221030_125336.jpg
    20221030_125336.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 10
They look waterlogged and it's pretty much November. Unless you're in the southern hemisphere, they won't be growing now.
They're waterlogged because it was pissing down when I took the photo! I hope not. I put them in at the end of August. They look like they're struggling a bit, going to leave them and see what happens

August is too late to sow potatoes. March to may in the UK. Harvest maincrops August/September. You're just feeding the slugs this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom