Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Johnny Depp Libel Case

It's certainly true that they both appear.to be damaged individuals with addiction and.mental health issues. But it also seems the case that she was lying about the violence, and the court saw through her lies.

The amounts of money being discussed is obscene but being labelled as a wife beater/domestic abuser is really serious and, if untrue, he deserves to be vindicated.
I think he admitted being an abuser in numerous ways during the trial but we live in a time or place where that can be discounted if you fight back, if you have a personality disorder, if you on occasion behave badly. So he 'won'. In fact, even if you think she lied about everything, just read what he admitted to in court and think how would you describe the behaviour if a friend's partner was behaving like that?

Do you think the English High Court was wrong to find calling Depp a ‘wive beater’ to be not libellous?
Can I respectfully ask if you followed the trial at all?
Or have you made up your mind about the verdict based on other factors?

I think he admitted being an abuser in numerous ways during the trial but we live in a time or place where that can be discounted if you fight back, if you have a personality disorder, if you on occasion behave badly. So he 'won'. In fact, even if you think she lied about everything, just read what he admitted to in court and think how would you describe the behaviour if a friend's partner was behaving like that?
What abuse did he admit to?

I followed it and that passed me by

What abuse did he admit to?

I followed it and that passed me by
You missed the apologies for appalling behaviour when intoxicated? The wrecking places, which has gone on for decades? The admitted jealousy? You missed the toxic narcissistic declaration in court about her never getting his glance again? The photos of the state he got in? The withdrawals and threats in texts and emails he admitted to? How would you feel if a mate was with someone like him?

I get he's superficially charming, but it all wears thin after a while.

You missed the apologies for appalling behaviour when intoxicated? The wrecking places, which has gone on for decades? The admitted jealousy? You missed the toxic narcissistic declaration in court about her never getting his glance again? The photos of the state he got in? The withdrawals and threats in texts and emails he admitted to? How would you feel if a mate was with someone like him?
But y'know, apart from that ^ , great bloke. :rolleyes:

I'm talking physical abuse here, for that is what the case was about

She didn't do herself any favours with her statements about the money she'd promised to give to charity. But listening to him ranting angrily when coked up and pissed he was out of control and I can imagine him doing all sorts of shit and (which he admitted) not remembering it afterwards.

But she accused him of being a wife beater. And that certainly wasn't admitted to.

He admitted.to being jealous and a drunken arsehole. Unpleasant, but not the same thing at all.

How would you feel if a mate was with someone like her?

But she accused him of being a wife beater. And that certainly wasn't admitted to.

He admitted.to being jealous and a drunken arsehole. Unpleasant, but not the same thing at all.
The Sun called him a wife beater and won their case.

She said she was a spokeswoman for domestic abuse and lost.

I think regardless of what you think of her or the previous verdict that decision is a nonsense.

I'm a bloke who suffered domestic violence at the hands of my ex-wife, but nobody would believe me as she is two feet smaller than me and has an endearing smile. It happens. I lost everything as a result, my family, my home. I never hit back as like many men I have an in-built mechanism not to hit a woman. She alleged I was the abuser which is absolutely not true. So if what Depp says is true then more power to him. I can't believe he got a court to believe him but good on him. They've clearly considered the evidence and decided she's a lying little shit out for money.

How would you feel if a mate was with someone like her?
I'd sincerely rather have a friend date her than him, despite the fact that she clearly has her problems. From what I witnessed she's far more able to accept her flaws and work on them.

Reactions: Sue
I'd sincerely rather have a friend date her than him, despite the fact that she clearly has her problems. From what I witnessed she's far more able to accept her flaws and work on them.
And admit to duffing him up. And ridicule him for being a victim of domestic violence. And call him a baby for choosing to leave rather than fight when she got violent.

JD clearly isn't a saint. But I can relate, I've been a drunken drugged up dickhead, said things I regret, also been on the receiving end of stuff like that. Nothing to be proud of, nothing to blame any other person about... But fuck me if I got accused of or if I accused someone of committing acts of violence and sexual violence if it wasn't true. I too would begin making the case to sue about it. Which IMO JD has done since the original article came out that this is all about. Crazy case from a media sense, but really interesting legally from what I've watched. No winners imo

I'm a bloke who suffered domestic violence at the hands of my ex-wife, but nobody would believe me as she is two feet smaller than me and has an endearing smile. It happens. I lost everything as a result, my family, my home. I never hit back as like many men I have an in-built mechanism not to hit a woman. She alleged I was the abuser which is absolutely not true. So if what Depp says is true then more power to him. I can't believe he got a court to believe him but good on him. They've clearly considered the evidence and decided she's a lying little shit out for money.
And a British court considered the evidence and found that she wasn't.
So you have 100% faith the British Court system is infallible.
Good to know
And you have 100% faith that the US Court system is infallible..? I don't think they can both be, do you?

And a British court considered the evidence and found that she wasn't.

And you have 100% faith that the US Court system is infallible..? I don't think they can both be, do you?
No but I listened to the evidence and made up my mind. I feel you didn't engage much with the case but made up your mind on gender alone

Back
Top Bottom