Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Johnny Depp Libel Case

A petition to get Heard dropped from Aquaman 2 had close to 4 million signatures before the verdict was revealed. That's just weird.

I can't believe how much bile there's been against Amber Heard from people who apparently consider Johnny Depp a close personal friend and a paragon of truth because they liked his performance in Pirates of the Caribbean.
Yeah, it's been quite surreal seeing people talking about the guy like they know him personally really well.
"Johnny wouldn't X, Y or Z." How the fuck do they know? :confused:

I should think feminists should be more angry with Heard than anyone- she completely and utterly exploited the #metoo and #believewomen movements entirely for her own ends.
In fact she's still doing it in her statement

Truth and integrity dissipates greatly when the results of justice are decided and paid for and subsequently measured in dollars, cents and dimes. A bit like Wagatha, society is sick with this sort of way of settling it's wrongdoing.

It's just another form of entertainment for those who wish to gaze at it now. Not surprised to see the Scum at the centre.

Truth and integrity dissipates greatly when the results of justice are decided and paid for and subsequently measured in dollars, cents and dimes. A bit like Wagatha, society is sick with this sort of way of settling it's wrongdoing.

It's just another form of entertainment for those who wish to gaze at it now. Not surprised to see the Scum at the centre.
Depp reportedly not going to claim compensation

So miserable that we're can't get beyond the idea that women have to be mentally completely stable, incredibly likeable people to be believed while men can be wasted narcissists for decades and boast about humiliating their whore exes and be stand up popular heroes. I don't think either person was exactly pleasant but the idea he was some innocent party is nonsense. Hope he's happy having succeeded in the humiliation he promised her. Ych a fi.

Who actually gives a fuck?
There must be a term for people who take pains to comment on a subject that they don't care about it whilst engaging with that very topic, and indeed actively clicking on the thread about it.

Proving you are hard and street and cool by demonstrating you are above popular culture.

Maybe that book whose name escapes me, humour book from 80s

So miserable that we're can't get beyond the idea that women have to be mentally completely stable, incredibly likeable people to be believed while men can be wasted narcissists for decades and boast about humiliating their whore exes and be stand up popular heroes. I don't think either person was exactly pleasant but the idea he was some innocent party is nonsense. Hope he's happy having succeeded in the humiliation he promised her. Ych a fi.
It's certainly true that they both appear.to be damaged individuals with addiction and.mental health issues. But it also seems the case that she was lying about the violence, and the court saw through her lies.

The amounts of money being discussed is obscene but being labelled as a wife beater/domestic abuser is really serious and, if untrue, he deserves to be vindicated.

That's part of it...

It would be very dangerous to translate
Its too obscure, no one would get it.

In the monty python sketch where the bloke writes the funniest joke in the world, which kills anyone from laughing who hears it, they have it translated into German.
The English army run towards the Germans in the war reciting it and they all died laughing.
My pal wrote down the German translation to try and get it translated back to English but it is gibberish German sounding words

I think the whole pooing in the bed thing will follow Heard about like a bad smell for life.
I reckon it was one of her arsehole friends and not heard herself.
I feel sorry for her over that aspect.
Humiliating

Not really. They found that she lied about him beating her, but that he lied about her faking a crime scene.
I haven't been following the case, but if they believed there was a crime scene that she didn't fake, wouldn't it follow that they must believe someone had committed a crime???

I haven't been following the case, but if they believed there was a crime scene that she didn't fake, wouldn't it follow that they must believe someone had committed a crime???
No, they could believe that she hadn't broken bottles etc. to frame him, at the same time as believing he never hit her.

It was some wine and glass on carpets type thing. Indicative of an argument or raucous party more than a straight crime scene.
The police came and didn't find any evidence of a crime

Back
Top Bottom