Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Johnny Depp Libel Case

On the Louis Theroux podcast he interviewed Sia, who gave her full support to JD and Theroux stated the case was "fascinating" whilst implicitly agreeing with her, but not stating so.

But I understand its a convenient way to demonstrate how bright and sophisticated and better than most people you are by taking time out to convey how you don't care about celebrity culture and are above it and would never comment on it, whilst commenting on it ;)

Do you include the women who support Depp in the misogynist camp?

Anyway, no point further commenting on this case until there are further developments.

There comes a realisation that arguing with strangers on the internet is literally the worst use of a person's time possible.
Everyone will have something better to do - I've got quite a good book on the go - and consider any time on social media as time away from reading.

Do you include the women who support Depp in the misogynist camp?

Anyway, no point further commenting on this case until there are further developments.

There comes a realisation that arguing with strangers on the internet is literally the worst use of a person's time possible.
Everyone will have something better to do - I've got quite a good book on the go - and consider any time on social media as time away from reading.
Or even away from slough

Killer b. If you're not interested then why don't you STFU? Leave the discussion to people who are interested. Again, this isn't just about a couple of celebs, this is about domestic violence and abuse.

No I'm not Stevie J Raw. If you're not enamoured by him or anyone else I've mentioned who are looking into the details of this case. Maybe try: Lost Beyond Pluto, she's a lawyer speaking about the legal issues surrounding the case. Sounds dry, but she clarifies a lot of legalese.

I don't know why you feel the need to keep interjecting BS into a topic that you have no interest in.

I think with cases like this the only position is to be agnostic, in the literal sense, to recognise that the truth is unknowable.
In general if people are gossiping about someones relationship, be it friends, family or famous, my rule of thumb is leave it alone because you can never know what happens behind closed doors. Whatever you see or think you know is never the full picture.
In this case two rich people with expensive lawyers have brought some of those private goings on into the public eye, but it remains the case you can never truly know what happened.

Its not important to have an opinion, or "belief" on cases like this. What difference does it make to reality what your "belief" is or not?

Last edited:
Killer b. If you're not interested then why don't you STFU? Leave the discussion to people who are interested. Again, this isn't just about a couple of celebs, this is about domestic violence and abuse.

No I'm not Stevie J Raw. If you're not enamoured by him or anyone else I've mentioned who are looking into the details of this case. Maybe try: Lost Beyond Pluto, she's a lawyer speaking about the legal issues surrounding the case. Sounds dry, but she clarifies a lot of legalese.

I don't know why you feel the need to keep interjecting BS into a topic that you have no interest in.
I don't care about Johnny Depps underpants, but I do care about weirdos pushing misogynist conspiracy theories about his underpants on urban75

I follow this as its interesting from my point of view as I was with a violent woman for years. She literally wrote the book on gaslighting. This case rings so many bells so I'm probably a mysoganist lol

So we disagree which must make me a misogynist weirdo? Your comments are childish, stop name calling and take your comments out of the playground. If you're not able to do that, go and play with your Lego or something.

It's really baffling to me, all these guys professing their lack of interest in a couple of celebs, denying this has much broader implications for domestic abuse issues, and refusing to engage in an adult conversation, who only want to name call, yet won't shut up about it. Go and engage with something you are interested instead. You are acting like imbeciles.

I don't care about Johhny Depp's underpants either, and I don't care about comments from idiots like you.

If you're not interested STFU!

I

Last edited:
So we disagree which must make me a misogynist weirdo? Your comments are childish, stop name calling and take your comments out of the playground. If you're not able to do that, go and play with your Lego or something.

It's really baffling to me, all these guys professing their lack of interest in a couple of celebs, denying this has much broader implications for domestic abuse issues, and refusing to engage in an adult conversation, who only want to name call, yet won't shut up about it. Go and engage with something you are interested instead. You are acting like an imbeciles.

I don't care about Johhny Depp's underpants either, and I don't care about comments from idiots like you.

I

You should probably stop name calling.

It's really baffling to me, all these guys professing their lack of interest in a couple of celebs, denying this has much broader implications for domestic abuse issues, and refusing to engage in an adult conversation, who only want to name call, yet won't shut up about it. Go and engage with something you are interested instead. You are acting like an imbeciles.

I
I am interested in you and your ilk

So, just listening to that 'crackpot' Stevie J Raw who breaks it down into v. simple steps for those who really can't be bothered looking at the facts. Just listen instead. You can still post inanities while you listen. The stream is called 'Johnny Depp Article slams Amber Heard with facts'.
I've just looked at that guy's obscure video channel and it's positively obsessed with the topic. Could you explain why you place such great importance on his babblings? And what do you know about the author that suggests that his is a credible voice? Thanks.

1609769474743.png

The bottom line, for me, is this..
He took action against a newspaper for an article they printed. He did not take action against AH.
The judge declared the article was not libelous and stated a belief that JD had in fact assaulted AH on 12 occasions. Had there been an article about AH assaulting JD and AH brought a libel case against that newspaper then a judge may well have also decided AH has assaulted JD.

They are both people who did not control themselves, abused drugs, alcohol and each other.

Neither has taken the other to court for assault....to my knowledge.

The end.

It's really baffling to me, all these guys professing their lack of interest in a couple of celebs, denying this has much broader implications for domestic abuse issues

Hello can you explain how whatever happened between these two “has much broader implications for domestic abuse issues” please? (Real question).
Do you mean the libel case or something else?

So Ed, obscure he may be, but so is this message board. You are attacking some YouTubers who you've probably never even listened to. Either because you can't be bothered or you are allowing your prejudice to get the better of you. There are a lot of people out there who have been following this case since the UK court trial. They are people who have looked at and listened to the evidence and and facts who have drawn a different conclusion from the one pedalled by the mainstream media.

There is a huge campaign #justiceforjohnny, Stevie J Raw is a proponent of that campaign. That's why he probably appears obsessed by this case to you. Don't be taken in by the meta narrative put forward by mainstream media, if you haven't done your own research. You can slander the YouTubers as much as you like. But they are the people looking into this issue and overturning that meta narrative of #BelieveAllWomen. Not all women tell the truth, just as not all men tell the truth. This is a case that brings that issue to the fore.

p.s. Buffoon I'm not at all interested in your ilk.
It's plain and simple. If all you want to do is insult people & I can be just as insulting as any idiots on this message board. Go and play in the sand pit & throw sand in someone else's face. I would like a rational conversation about the facts and evidence of this case. And until you've looked at what the facts and evidence are, you have nothing to say that's worth listening to.

Back
Top Bottom