Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Johnny Depp Libel Case

Totally beyond me how people can even be bothered to follow this shitshow and pick a side in some hideous couple you’ll never meet & you know you have no chance of knowing what the truth of any of it is. Just bizarre. Probably the same people who avidly watch those shows with celebs trapped in a house for months fighting in their pyjamas. Weird.
Oh I quite like the celebrities trapped in a house fighting in their pyjamas shows.

Totally beyond me how people can even be bothered to follow this shitshow and pick a side in some hideous couple you’ll never meet & you know you have no chance of knowing what the truth of any of it is. Just bizarre. Probably the same people who avidly watch those shows with celebs trapped in a house for months fighting in their pyjamas. Weird.
it's because it's come to court and there's a great history of people taking sides in court cases - you might find the example of the 19th century case of the tichbourne claimant particularly interesting. I'm sorry this is beyond you as it's really remarkably simple.

Last edited:
it's because it's come to court and there's a great history of people taking sides in court cases - you might find the example of the 19th century case of the tichbourne claimant interesting. I'm sorry this is beyond you as it's really remarkably simple.
Nah, it’s not the courtroom drama. The fact is that everybody with an intense interest in this particular case is a weirdo and 97% of them hate women.

it's because it's come to court and there's a great history of people taking sides in court cases - you might find the example of the 19th century case of the tichbourne claimant particularly interesting. I'm sorry this is beyond you as it's really remarkably simple.
condescending arse

Nah, it’s not the courtroom drama. The fact is that everybody with an intense interest in this particular case is a weirdo and 97% of them hate women.
I don't know why you move from not understanding why people follow the JD/AH case to declaring almost everyone with an intense interest in the matter is a misogynist weirdo. I didn't bring up events in the courtroom: but like you I think many people base their support for one or other party based less on the facts of the matter than projecting their own ideas of the protagonists onto the principals in the case. But I don't think all depp's supporters are misogynist weirdos, I think a great number of them have grown up watching him on screen and mistake his public persona for the private reality. They have been let down by someone they admired.

I don't know why you move from not understanding why people follow the JD/AH case to declaring almost everyone with an intense interest in the matter is a misogynist weirdo. I didn't bring up events in the courtroom: but like you I think many people base their support for one or other party based less on the facts of the matter than projecting their own ideas of the protagonists onto the principals in the case. But I don't think all depp's supporters are misogynist weirdos, I think a great number of them have grown up watching him on screen and mistake his public persona for the private reality. They have been let down by someone they admired.
Yes the other 3% are the kind of weirdos who also can’t let go of michael Jackson cos he was so good at dancing.

We've had Amanda de cabinet mentioned on here already.

I think I might be mixing several women up with Amanda Hugankiss - story of my life :(

So, just listening to that 'crackpot' Stevie J Raw who breaks it down into v. simple steps for those who really can't be bothered looking at the facts. Just listen instead. You can still post inanities while you listen. The stream is called 'Johnny Depp Article slams Amber Heard with facts'.

Some indication of the "mood of the nation" with the levels of support AH and JD have.

You just have to search either of their names on twitter to see what people think.

Screenshot_20210104-130006_YouTube.jpg

I had a dig into Stevie J Raw last night too, and found his Patreon which is both a bit tragic (only 6 patrons prepared to actually pay for his NEWS & ENTERTAINMENT content) and incredible (that anyone at all is prepared to pay more than 100 pounds a year to listen to some loon ranting about Johnny Depp's skiddy Y-fronts)

It will be interesting to see how the American trial goes, where the burden of proof is a little different in libel cases I fink, but I'm no legal eagle.

To those condescending to those who have an interest, us the great unwashed love a courtroom drama.
Watched Mangrove last night- brilliant, and the aforementioned OJ Made in America was the best courtroom documentary I've seen. Really fascinating stuff.

Like Crown Court - brilliant off sick from TV viewing.

This article may explain why so many women support Depp

Back
Top Bottom