Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jesus army nomore

The JFC passed on the reports to police in Northamptonshire - where the church was based - and an investigation known as Operation Lifeboat was launched.

Fair play to them for doing that, unlike the Catholic Church worldwide, that tried to sweep it under the carpet.

no way. Wonder who keeps all the stuff. That Northampton town center property that used to be canon cinema way back must be worth loads now. And thats just one of the properties. Always were dodgy.

I knew two lads really well, our parents were m8s, same school and church etc that ended up with them.

no way. Wonder who keeps all the stuff. That Northampton town center property that used to be canon cinema way back must be worth loads now. And thats just one of the properties. Always were dodgy.

Maybe. It's a listed building so it's not like you can knock it down and build another Aldi. I'm sure there will be a buyer, but seem to remember it standing empty for a while before the JA got it.

I never realised about their dodginess - mostly got the impression people just found then vaguely annoying.

Can’t say I’m surprised though tbh.

I guess we could argue over whether it is religion or power that is at fault.

I think if you don’t have a power structure, it’s not a religion so much as a set of interlocking ideas, though.

Never really knew much about them, apart from that they used to turn up en masse in their (branded) coach minibus to the gay village in Manchester, going around preaching. Seemingly trying to save our hell-bound souls. Needless to say they just got either told to fuck off or took the piss out of. I suspect they had plenty of comments about sex thrown their way for good measure...

Some brass neck to go to the gay village and tell people they're sinners/damned/whatever. Cheeky bastards.

years ago they used to wear ropey old DPMS paramilitary style nearly ended really badly in Folkstone :D.
got a briefing the loons with beards and DPM are Jesus freaks for fucks sake dont shoot them apparently the paras had been a tad enthusiastic with their challenges:rolleyes:

years ago they used to wear ropey old DPMS paramilitary style nearly ended really badly in Folkstone :D.
got a briefing the loons with beards and DPM are Jesus freaks for fucks sake dont shoot them apparently the paras had been a tad enthusiastic with their challenges:rolleyes:

God yeah. DPM and bright orange cross!

I remember they used to have branded ski jacket type coats in lurid colours, only the bloke ones had camouflage patterns on the sleeve because fighting is for men or something. Used to prey on drunks and homeless because that was a soft target.

My smartarse pagan mate used to engage and tie them in knots about various contradictions in the bible, which was sometimes a good spectator sport on the way back from the club. Get some low grade Herbert doubting their faith and then watch as more senior reinforcements would come marching over from their bus to prop them up.

I remember they used to have branded ski jacket type coats in lurid colours, only the bloke ones had camouflage patterns on the sleeve because fighting is for men or something. Used to prey on drunks and homeless because that was a soft target.
Makes sense for them to target the gay village - all those drunk gay men must be catnip for them. But still they would have been told to fuck right off*. :cool:

* preferrably with an offer of - 'do you like being fisted?' :D

Back
Top Bottom