Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

It’s over folks

OhMacron is so mild that spelling tests are no longer required and must be abandoned immediately for the good of national morale.

The friendliest virus is nothing to fear, please stop interfering with sales of fine beer.

Has this version of the virus learnt how to type? Friends of this virus must surely unite. Demand its all over, declare you dont care, burn your masks and dont count the cremation casks.

OhMacron is so mild that spelling tests are no longer required and must be abandoned immediately for the good of national morale.

The friendliest virus is nothing to fear, please stop interfering with sales of fine beer.

Has this version of the virus learnt how to type? Friends of this virus must surely unite. Demand its all over, declare you dont care, burn your masks and dont count the cremation casks.

Best post of this sorry thread award goes to this.

Its milder than Delta but Delta was more severe than the previous variants. Luckily we have vaccines which helped reduce the Delta burden, and they will also help reduce the Omicron burden. Omicron also causes a lot of reinfections, which is another reason for it having a milder impact on some individuals.

None of this magically enables us to ignore a rather large Omicron wave during winter. We'll have have to see how it pans out, and if its on the less severe side of the spectrum then authorities will be keen to move further along the road to relative normality once we get to next spring. But even the authorities who would love it to all be over already dont have the luxury of declaring so prematurely, at least not so far. They do some stuff prematurely when they think they might get away with it, but some of this has only ended up working in summer for them so far.

It’s time to now call this. Omecron is so mild that it should just be treated as flu, with a yearly vaccination, and no restrictions, no masks, no testing. It’s over folks.
You'd get on well with the twat who started this thread.

Perhaps you could both fuck off down the rabbit hole together?

You'd get on well with the twat who started this thread.

Perhaps you could both fuck off down the rabbit hole together?
There's an avatar going spare now as well

82251.jpg

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. I see no fat lady.

Word on the street is that Truss has been hitting the pork and stilton pretty hard over the last couple of months in an effort to puff up trade numbers; I've no details on her singing ability but her upcoming duet of A Whole New World with Boris Johnson come the first of january will be a thing to behold.

This forum is left wing, which I like, but also can be very aggressive, sort of keyboard warriors, worse than the replies section on Twitter.
I don't know about worse than twitter as the only time I see Twitter is when people in here post links to it, but otherwise a pretty accurate description ......... welcome

On Fire I'm surprised that you are surprised at the response you are receiving. Even a cursory glance at the Covid threads would tell you that views on the whole need to be backed up by some science and anti-vaxxers* are rightfully mocked. So jumping in, starting a thread with a one line opinion Covid is over is never going to go down well.

*Not people who cannot actually have the vaccine.

It’s time to now call this. Omecron is so mild that it should just be treated as flu, with a yearly vaccination, and no restrictions, no masks, no testing. It’s over folks.
You can do what you want but i'll be taking a more cautious approach. Having been careful not to catch germs in the past has made what could be a short wait longer not too hard to bare.

On Fire I'm surprised that you are surprised at the response you are receiving. Even a cursory glance at the Covid threads would tell you that views on the whole need to be backed up by some science and anti-vaxxers* are rightfully mocked. So jumping in, starting a thread with a one line opinion Covid is over is never going to go down well.

*Not people who cannot actually have the vaccine.

Thanks. I am definitely not antivax though. I am triple vaccinated. But yes, point taken. Thanks.

I'm aware that you're on a fishing trip and I'm a fool for biting.

But, no. It's not over. Look at the rising cases. Look at death rates. Look at how transmittable it is.

Get your booster, because it helps. Get tested, because that helps those around you. And get focused on reality, not some grab bag of fringe beliefs.

30-70% less likely to result in hospitalisation, but cases yesterday 180,000 vs 50,000 positive tests a month ago which was already higher than most of Europe and killing over 100 per day. This is with some extra precautions like masking in shops etc. If you do a bit of maths on that you’ll see we’re in a worse position even on best estimates. Not really the time to be letting go and opening up more is it, unless you’re content to see a few friends or relatives die?

Back
Top Bottom