Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is this weddingy enough? Plus size wedding guest attire?

muvva

IMG_0312.JPG It's a very special wedding as my darling brother is getting married. Is this dressy enough? 'Occasion' wear is not usual my thing. I thing it's going to be a smallish wedding and my family tend to wear what they enjoy as opposed to very very dressed up. Any ideas would be great.

I like that :) you could add red or white accessories.

I had a wedding guest outfit panic this week and ended up buying a random dress from quiz which was white with pink flowers...not the usual thing I would go for but I think it looks nice :D

It's really lovely. I prefer the style of the second cardy although I might go for something in proper postbox red. Congratulations for your brothers upcoming wedding. I hope you all have a lovely time ❤

Personally I'd wear whatever I felt I looked good in. I think anything's appropriate so long as you're happy wearing it. Having said that, the dress looks great.

Help meeeeee! I'm the mother of the groom, it's in two weeks, it's super formal! It's all suits, long dresses, waiters and harps. It says formal on the invite..im still wearing fucking cut offs and vests and dungarees, same as I ever did.

I have no idea what to wear! Dressing up for me.. It's almost pathological (like hating housework) boy two has just pointed out that I seem to have an aversion to all things 'girly' :rolleyes: but fundamentally he's right.

fiftyfuckingsix and still don't know how to dress myself :facepalm:

I saw these locally Lace Up Harem Pant

And wondered if they'd be okay with some sort of fancy vest..like a camisole..and a shawl? Plus I'm not wearing heels but have some sparkly flat sandles...

I've been out at the shops all morning and all I got was a six pack of beer :hmm:

Last edited:
Sorry no help here but you have my empathy. Try returning your mind to early childhood & the dressing up box. Remember Mr Benn & the shopkeeper? Be someone else for the day.

Good luck with it. :thumbs:

Thank MrSki dressing up box huh :D I tried googling Mr Benn and wedding but all I got was Mr Bean and wedding :eek:

I don't want to be someone else for the day, I want to be in my comfort zone but please everyone else too (well my dil really)....

I had to do that to put on a suit to wear to a funeral. I don't feel normal wearing smart clothes so had to resort to "Dressing up mode" from childhood. Good luck with it. :thumbs:

It really shouldn't be this hard :facepalm: boy two has just diagnosed me with aspergers. Reckons he should know seeing as he has his own diagnosis...

Help meeeeee! I'm the mother of the groom, it's in two weeks, it's super formal! It's all suits, long dresses, waiters and harps. It says formal on the invite..im still wearing fucking cut offs and vests and dungarees, same as I ever did.

I have no idea what to wear! Dressing up for me.. It's almost pathological (like hating housework) boy two has just pointed out that I seem to have an aversion to all things 'girly' :rolleyes: but fundamentally he's right.

fiftyfuckingsix and still don't know how to dress myself :facepalm:

I saw these locally Lace Up Harem Pant

And wondered if they'd be okay with some sort of fancy vest..like a camisole..and a shawl? Plus I'm not wearing heels but have some sparkly flat sandles...

I've been out at the shops all morning and all I got was a six pack of beer :hmm:

If it's very formal you could rent an outfit? Saves the hassle of shopping for something you probably won't ever wear again. Plus there will be full outfits for you to choose from. No faffing about trying to match shoes and hats and all that goes with formal stuff.
Just an idea.

I think harem pants will be too casual.

Do you have Monsoon over there? Maybe look for something full length, floaty but comfortable and you can wear it with flat shoes.

9330972983326.jpg
9343397330974.jpg

How far are you away from Eumundi? There are some fab clothes there both dressy and more floaty and generally a lot more interesting than in the shops. The covered market area away from the street is best for clothes.

Back
Top Bottom