Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is this another "WMD" episode?

The previous chemical weapons attacks were extensively proven by independent autopsies and toxicology reports which back up eyewitness accounts. The OCPW have confirmed their use.
Yeah, so you keep saying, and I'm supposed to just take your word for it that they were "extensively proven". Ok, whatever. The OPCW eh? Yeah sure, like the UN weapons inspections before the Iraq war, and look what happened there. That turned out well. It's still looking like confirmation bias. Just like Saddam before, we just HAD to find something to pin on him to justify our military thuggery, only to be told later "oops...sorry" after more chaos and deaths. What a fucked up mess.

Yeah, so you keep saying, and I'm supposed to just take your word for it that they were "extensively proven".

No, you're supposed to look

Ok, whatever. The OPCW eh? Yeah sure, like the UN weapons inspections before the Iraq war, and look what happened there.

You mean the UN weapons inspectors who said there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?

That turned out well. It's still looking like confirmation bias. Just like Saddam before, we just HAD to find something to pin on him to justify our military thuggery, only to be told later "oops...sorry" after more chaos and deaths. What a fucked up mess.

When Medicine Sans Frontiers, the Red Cross, independent toxicology all say chemical weapons it's chemical weapons.

For example when a recognised chemical and biological weapons expert says it's most likely Chemical Weapons and the Assad regime used them, you should pay attention.

If it doesn't do what you want bash it, swear at it, tell it to fuck off. Facts are a bitch.

You're expecting me to pander to you when I know there's nothing to be said or done that will change your belief. Why would I waste any more time on you?

Last edited:
I just thought it remarkable how slick the photography was. Not disputing that a chemical attack happened... but the footage and stills are feature film quality. Impressive for a war zone. Pretty strange too that Assad would do such a thing, especially after the USA announces it wasn't going to engage in regime change after all.

I just thought it remarkable how slick the photography was. Not disputing that a chemical attack happened... but the footage and stills are feature film quality. Impressive for a war zone. Pretty strange too that Assad would do such a thing, especially after the USA announces it wasn't going to engage in regime change after all.
Not disputing it my arse. Snide little shit.

Advances in Digital photography and 4g mean high quality images can be sent quickly.

If you own a decent smartphone you're walking around with at least a HD video camera at all times.

BUT IT LOOKS SO FAKE..

Oh fuck off.

Chemical weapons were released, that bit looks to be true imo. Apparently the sarin was very dirty, smelly and greenish and not at all the clear odorless professional stuff the UN witnessed Assad getting rid of two years ago. Strange time for him to choose to deploy any secret stashes of the stuff now... in a marginal area with Syria generally seen to be winning the war. The response from the US is pretty mechanical, if a then b.

I reckon we'll be seeing more chemical weapons being released going forward. Any chemical weapons released in Syria is the responsibility of Assad and will be answered directly basically.

Chemical weapons were released, that bit looks to be true imo. Apparently the sarin was very dirty, smelly and greenish and not at all the clear odorless professional stuff the UN witnessed Assad getting rid of two years ago. Strange time for him to choose to deploy any secret stashes of the stuff now... in a marginal area with Syria generally seen to be winning the war. The response from the US is pretty mechanical, if a then b.

I reckon we'll be seeing more chemical weapons being released going forward. Any chemical weapons released in Syria is the responsibility of Assad and will be answered directly basically.

Sounds like you don't agree with the explanation put forward by the Russian Government?

It was a bloody odd thing to do, I mean the risk / reward calculation clearly didn't stack up. Then again Assad has done a fuck-ton of crazy shit so in the scheme of things...... Also who else actually has access to these weapons in the region?

Strange time for him to choose to deploy any secret stashes of the stuff now... in a marginal area with Syria generally seen to be winning the war. .

Of all the dumb shit you've posted;

"Gosh it's so out of character for Bashir "butcherer of innocent children, and homicidal dickhead to use chemical weapons, except of course if you exclude the last time he used chemical weapons against his own people" Assad."

Not disputing it means not disputing it. The question for me is not whether there was a chemical attack, it is whodunnit

On one side we have a brutal dictator who has a chemical weapons stockpile, and has used them on his people before.

I don't think you're going to need Colombo to work this one out.

Apparently the Islamic State were quick to launch another assault off the back of the US attack, much like those independent journalists mentioned earlier I guess.

Was it odd though? It's basically Assad telling his enemies that I will kill you any fucking way I like.

For sure, but from a strategical perspective it looks fucking dumb. Then again if the hat fits.....

Was it odd though? It's basically Assad telling his enemies that I will kill you any fucking way I like.

The Syrians have been pretty rational in the war so far. And I doubt Assad would see sending a message worth undermining his position so thoroughly.

For squirrel/beeley etc the bataclan and other attacks were false flag attacks. Where have we gone that this is just part of the landscape now? Bush and blair and 2003 obv play a key role in it, but they've also self-radicalised themselves on the basis of shitty internet research.

Sounds like you don't agree with the explanation put forward by the Russian Government?

It was a bloody odd thing to do, I mean the risk / reward calculation clearly didn't stack up. Then again Assad has done a fuck-ton of crazy shit so in the scheme of things...... Also who else actually has access to these weapons in the region?

Not sure what the Russian government have said at this point, except that they don't approve obvs. But we know the rebels have the ability to manufacture their own chemical weapons.

For squirrel/beeley etc the bataclan and other attacks were false flag attacks. Where have we gone that this is just part of the landscape now? Bush and blair and 2003 obv play a key role in it, but they've also self-radicalised themselves on the basis of shitty internet research.

Its like those freaks who deny Sandy Hook and have started targeting victims. Do they not think 'what if I'm wrong'?

Its like those freaks who deny Sandy Hook and have started targeting victims. Do they not think 'what if I'm wrong'?

They're all connected, the rise of internet conspiracy theories, gamergate, the alt right, you'll see the same names like Paul Joesph Watson, Alex Jones et all throughout.

and the uncanny ability to deploy them at the very same time that there's an airstrike :hmm:

I could imagine ways of that happening, but that would just be imagining (objection your honour, cause for speculation). Let's look to the results of investigations by the relevant impartial bodies. So far the motive given for the accused amounts to a pile of sweaty pants.

I could imagine ways of that happening, but that would just be imagining (objection your honour, cause for speculation). Let's look to the results of investigations by the relevant impartial bodies. So far the motive given for the accused amounts to a pile of sweaty pants.
let's say for the sake of argument you're right. not going to bring back the air base, is it?

Camouflage going on ignore because life is too short to deal with that much stupid.

Back
Top Bottom