Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is there any further support for energy bills?

Karl Masks

Birds Angel Delight
Or has it all stopped? Bills are going up again and my mother, aged 79, is concerned. I don't have more to give, who does? Food prices are still considerable.

Eon next put me on some scheme where I'm on half price electric for 6 months for the winter so long as I setup a direct debit for half what they reckon I've been paying each money. So I'm fixed at £97 til April and they are wiping £450 of outstanding debt at that point. Idk the criteria they contacted us.

If she's over 70 and lives alone she should get l £600 winter fuel payment/pensioner cost of living payment last month or this month (November/December).
Thanks, i thought £300 was the cost of living payment?

Unfortunately she is extremely proud when it comes to matters like this, and not to be nasty, but being a life long Daily Mail reader doesn't really help her

Thanks, i thought £300 was the cost of living payment?

Unfortunately she is extremely proud when it comes to matters like this, and not to be nasty, but being a life long Daily Mail reader doesn't really help her
It should be £300 winter fuel and £300 pensioner c-o-l as one payment of £600. If she lives with other people it might be less.

Eon next put me on some scheme where I'm on half price electric for 6 months for the winter so long as I setup a direct debit for half what they reckon I've been paying each money. So I'm fixed at £97 til April and they are wiping £450 of outstanding debt at that point. Idk the criteria they contacted us.
Having now got to the end of this they reckon we are going to be paying £160 a month, so thats yet another task to see if I can actually get a better rate somewhere else again, same with the internet. I hate this stupid constant shopping for basic utilities, particularly daft in electric since its all the same bloody stuff anyway, not like I am getting better quality electricity.

Back
Top Bottom