Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you have any 'house rules'? If so, what are they?

One I have not seen so far is when you complain my house is messy/dirty/dusty.

If you complain, I will give a a broom, duster or mop so you can clean it up for me.

I don’t think even the smoking and chucking out the previous one would be an issue here

My issue would be with the current incumbent clearly being an ungrateful and rude git, who’s been slagging you off behind your back with the grudge bearing previous guest

Rude to do that, rude to bring it up now, and even a bit of intimidation and bullying. Is he preparing the way for breaking the rules himself and telling you you can’t/shouldn’t be able to kick him out if he does?

You sound a little bit vulnerable and some people do take the piss

You do know you don’t have to have anyone in your home and can throw them out just because you don’t want them there? There doesn’t have to be rule breaking to justify it! 🤣

I’m not convinced this person living in your home really is your friend. So if he doesn’t like the rules, and doesn’t respect and support you, tell him to hit the road, Jack 😡

Is anyone else a fascist about people squeedgeeing the shower after using it and removing moisture.. or just me 😂

I thought it was ridiculous when my friend asked me to do it in Germany many years back. now a total convert. My housemates do it too now they have seen the light.

Is anyone else a fascist about people squeedgeeing the shower after using it and removing moisture.. or just me 😂

I thought it was ridiculous when my friend asked me to do it in Germany many years back. now a total convert. My housemates do it too now they have seen the light.
Love this ^^^

I can’t get visitors and lodgers to even dry off before they wander round the bathroom dripping everywhere

Squeegee Means the moisture goes down the plug hole rather than into my Victoria house atmosphere and saves on effort descaling the shower cubicle

Love this ^^^

I can’t get visitors and lodgers to even dry off before they wander round the bathroom dripping everywhere

Squeegee Means the moisture goes down the plug hole rather than into my Victoria house atmosphere and saves on effort descaling the shower cubicle

I had a flat mate who would never clear up the water on the bathroom floor and the shower was a proper leaker too. I think they got out of the bath before even doing a doggy shake let alone drying themselves. Couldn’t object as I was subletting off them but they kept moaning about how damp the flat was!

You must open the curtains and blinds in the morning when it's light and close them when it's dark. Im pretty insistent about it with my housemates. One of them would leave everything closed and put the lights on first thing the massive dufus.

Clearly never lived with anyone who works nights

You can't 'remove moisture' from a shower. You can waste a lot of time and effort moving it around with a rubber stick but that's not the same thing.

We're just talking about the glass partition and not the walls, right? I ignored my parents for years when they asked me to do this. Then I installed a squeegee in my own shower as an adult. My partner didn't see the point until I asked him to clean the limescale from the shower glass. Apparently it was hideous work because another squeegee convert has seen light now.

We're just talking about the glass partition and not the walls, right? I ignored my parents for years when they asked me to do this. Then I installed a squeegee in my own shower as an adult. My partner didn't see the point until I asked him to clean the limescale from the shower glass. Apparently it was hideous work because another squeegee convert has seen light now.

I do it all! Walls and shower screen and the ball and the soap tray and the edge of the Bath. Then I try and dry off the taps and anything left with a microfibre towel. Takes me about a minute! I'm not expecting everyone to do that but it def works and reduces humidity in the bathroom and means i dont have to do fuck all cleaning with the bath/shower either. Limescale is a real bitch round here.

I do it all! Walls and shower screen and the ball and the soap tray and the edge of the Bath. Then I try and dry off the taps and anything left with a microfibre towel. Takes me about a minute! I'm not expecting everyone to do that but it def works and reduces humidity in the bathroom and means i dont have to do fuck all cleaning with the bath/shower either. Limescale is a real bitch round here.

I have to say I am intrigued. I'll try this next time I shower. Might have to source an extra cloth but could be worth it. Humidity is not an issue in my bathroom, it's got an annoying draft that takes care of it, but less deep cleaning is always desirable. Thanks!

I have to say I am intrigued. I'll try this next time I shower. Might have to source an extra cloth but could be worth it. Humidity is not an issue in my bathroom, it's got an annoying draft that takes care of it, but less deep cleaning is always desirable. Thanks!

Worth a shot.

Its probs worth getting sime kilrock spray and doing the shower screen and some bleach and doing the walls and grouting first. Start from sparkly clean and youll see once you squeedge it takes months to get visibly dirty.

Worth a shot.

Its probs worth getting sime kilrock spray and doing the shower screen and some bleach and doing the walls and grouting first. Start from sparkly clean and youll see once you squeedge it takes months to get visibly dirty.
Pre visitors a couple of weeks ago I bleached all my tiles and grout. Doesn’t half make a difference to the bathroom

A tip I heard about was to soak bleach in toilet paper and use it to renew mouldy grout in a shower or bath

A tip I heard about was to soak bleach in toilet paper and use it to renew mouldy grout in a shower or bath
Thick bleach and bicarbonate of soda paste brushed on the grout with old toothbrush and left on for a while

My bathroom looks like Boy George’s teeth

Last edited:
Worth a shot.

I don't use bleach but I get the general idea and will improvise accordingly!

Back
Top Bottom