Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is it every acceptable to microwave tea.

Do you microwave tea?

• Total voters

UnderOpenSky

baseline neural therapy
I'm lazy and like strong, hot tea, so I add the boiling water to the cup with the teabag in and then microwave it. Yes I could use a tea pot with a tea cosy, but as I said, I'm lazy.

I never do it after milk has been added though, it makes it taste weird (it's fine, if sub-optimal to that to coffee though).

What are your thoughts?

I used to do it to reheat cups when my daughter was a tiny baby, but that was out of necessity. I'd never do it as an actual choice. We invariably have a teapot on the go in our house.

If you're that bothered about a strong brew then use more bags. I do 2 bags in a shitdirect mug.

That sounds like quite a sensible idea. You should promote it all over the internet as the lifechanging killer tea hack that Wedgewood tried to suppress.

Wait til I SMASH THE TEA INDUSTRY with my “two cups from one teabag” discovery.

I’m not going into details, you’ll have to check my YouTube channel next week to find out this AMAZING TRICK!!

Wait til I SMASH THE TEA INDUSTRY with my “two cups from one teabag” discovery.

I’m not going into details, you’ll have to check my YouTube channel next week to find out this AMAZING TRICK!!

You have a way to go to match ex-England wicketkeeper and all-round odd bloke Jack Russell who managed to get around 100 cups from one bag!

Russell would often get through 20 cups a day. He used to dip the tea bag in once, add plenty of milk, then hang it on a nail ready for subsequent use. In the final Test of the 1989 Ashes series (against Australia) at the Oval, Derek Pringle counted that he used the same bag for all five days, which roughly equates to 100 cups

I use 3-4 spoons of loose leaf tea in an infuser tea pot. The pot is warmed and the kettle reswitched on to ensure the water is at a rolling boil.

The tea pot will then be left to brew for 15-20 minutes. Basically the time it takes to cook and eat my breakfast. I'll then get two cups of hot, sweet# strong tea but with a fair bit of milk. It doesn't look that strong but is, rather than what looks like strong tea but with only the merest of splashes of milk

Back
Top Bottom