Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Intersectionality

they should have called it 'cultural misappropriation' as well, fucking dickhead americans.

if you wanna seriously offend an american now all you have to do is say they are appropriating something because appropriation is like the worst thing ever even if you use the word correctly.

Personally, I'm all for 'cultural appropriation' as they call it. If anything we need more of it just to demonstrate that culture is not a static, homogenous, unchanging blob that needs protecting. Culture always has, and always should be, encouraged adapt and intermingle and cross-fertilise. To argue otherwise is to claim that it somehow has an 'essence' or purity that can only be tarnished by outsiders. And there's a proper dodgy conclusion to that line of logic.

Saying that I won't be getting corn-rows anytime soon.

HITLER TRIED FOR A PURE CULTURE ONCE. :cool:

Did you read the actual post, or just bimble's selective edit?
Oh yes. The whole thing isn't much better, or much different. In fact the worst bit ('the higher you score') isn't in bimbles quote.

The idea that a black working class lesbian might not face oppression is...interesting.

Oh yes. The whole thing isn't much better, or much different. In fact the worst bit ('the higher you score') isn't in bimbles quote.

And if you'd read that in context with what I'd already written on the thread, you'd know that I'm not the one doing the scoring.

The idea that a black working class lesbian might not face oppression is...interesting.

Are you implying that I've claimed that?

I'm not going to read this whole thread but I do think, if you're a white man shouting loudly about how silly the whole idea of intersectionalism is (because all that matters is class, and you're working class) you should possibly have a look at yourself.

Because the best thing to do is to see each other as different thus weakening the best bargaining chip we have which is class unity?

Clapping is African-American??
rhythmic clapping and shouting "preach" are frequent expressions in african-american churches, so much so that they've become characterizing.
i can agree with that twitterer's annoyance at a white shouting "preach", but the clapping business is ridiculous.
e2a i see this has also been addressed above

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom