Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Anarchist Bookfair 2015: predictions/dramas/confrontations...

There never is one. It's of little interest to urban really but obvs some from here will be there. But I doubt those who are will be there on the basis of outing their monikers here for tourists. (Not saying you're that!)

That's true of the ABF in my (highly out-of-date) experience -- unless you know them from a while ago, shyness tends to reign ...

We went in 2011 and met up with pickmans, butchers, spanky, top cat, froggie, past caring and some others who's names I can't quite remember

We might be there this year, depends on work stuff

I'll be there. Suspect there's a few people I know irl that are on here too but I haven't made the connections yet...

Anyone know why it's stopped being at Queen Mary's? That was an ideal space as it had loads of room. Looking at the site this year they're admitting to having less rooms.

Anyone know why it's stopped being at Queen Mary's? That was an ideal space as it had loads of room. Looking at the site this year they're admitting to having less rooms.

Can't remember exactly why it moved now, but think it had to due to financial costs or the restrictions QM were putting on the organisers, and they were left with no option but to move afaik.

Thanks for that. QMU was so spacious but I can remember the claustrophobia & healthy bodily odours when it was at the Holloway Resource Centre :p

Was that before Conway Hall? That was pretty bad in the few years before it moved.

E2A: Oh no, you mean the Camden ones after Conway Hall. They have a helpful geeks history of Bookfair locations: Anarchist Bookfair

Then following year I think, met up with cesare, button, ska, fozzie and froggy too. Not been the last few years though.

That would have been 2013, the year of the dust up outside between the internet intersectionalists and that catholic worker bloke.

Last year was the year of the a-fem conference the day after - which seems to be remembered purely for a disagreement about dreadlocks. The Saturday was the same day as the big TUC march. Maybe there were some disagreements about Kurdistan too, I dunno.

Anyway, I am looking forward to going this year. Send me a PM if you want to meet me and I will organise the Deep Vetting. :D

Also MellySingsDoom seems to come and go quite a bit - not seem him for ages but he still seems to be around doing obscure music related things.

Back
Top Bottom