Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dublin - news, discussion and tips for travellers

Iirc from The West Wing, is Notre Dame (the college) not pronounced Nott-er Daim (rhymes with) or something?

bump
So I'll be in Dublin for a day or so at the end of the month. The day I fly in is to spend with a mate and his new gf who are travelling about Ireland. But they jet off 9am the next day and I have until 3 or so (flight's at 5) to amuse myself. What's worth seeing in such a short span? Or just fuck it, do the Guinness tour like every other tourist and come back another time for culture?

Yeah do Guinness for fun and Kilmainham Jail for srs bsns. They're near each other and you can get the air coach back to the airport from Heuston station. The Kilmainham tour is excellent.

Might be a squeeze to get both done and to the airport by 3 though, I don't remember how long Guinness takes but I'm sure it will be on their website or Trip Advisor. Dublin airport can get mega busy so be careful you don't get caught out in security qs.

Reactions: Chz
oh heard you mentioned you be in Dublin did not know it was snow lucky you not been back for anything but funerals for over a year
check out the museums in Dublin and the dead zoo :)

could also take a nosey around the posh end of glasnevein got almost half the county in the place

Going to Dublin for the British & Irish lions match there next year, which is at Lansdowne Road,

looking at airbnbs which are pricey given the demand I suppose

What is Merrion / Booterstown like? Also looking at one near fitzwilliam square

Going to Dublin for the British & Irish lions match there next year, which is at Lansdowne Road,

Anywhere around Landsdowne road is pricy, even for Dublin. The DART runs all along the coast of Dublin so look for places near DART stations. Southside is generally more expensive than North side.

Dublin is v. small. If you look out of the city centre, (Cabra is quite cool.), it doesn't take long to get into town, you can get the bus into the Quays and walk to Landsdowne road through town admiring the lovely Georgian architecture and maybe stopping for a pint on the way.

Fitzwilliam Sq is lovely, mostly offices so dead quiet at the weekend, if you can afford it I'd stay there in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom