Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dublin - news, discussion and tips for travellers

Those who know about travel passes - what will we need for from airport , city centre ,Guinness / jail tour & staying at North Circular rd?
It's probably easiest to get a Leap Visitor Card at the airport or Dublin Bus/Tourist Info offices in O'Connell St.

Tickets for Dublin Public Transport (including Leap Card) — Dublin Public Transport - Maps, Timetables and Information

The bus that runs between O'Connell St and Nth Circular is the 46A. Route.
From Nth Circular to Guinness. Foot or bus/foot.
From Guinness to Kilmainham.

Anthony Bourdain's pub crawl choices were very good. The Gravediggers is probably near where you're staying.

Anthony Bourdain Pub Crawl | Dublin By Pub

Last edited:
Those who know about travel passes - what will we need for from airport , city centre ,Guinness / jail tour & staying at North Circular rd?

The hop on/hop off bus lets you skip the queue at the Guinness Store and it goes into Phoenix Park as well as all the main sites so might be worth getting that once you get settled in.

Just get the normal bus from the airport. No trains there and taxis are a rip off.

You won't need a Leap Card for the Aircoach, afaik. But for the standard Dublin Bus, usually you need the correct fare (i.e. you don't get change). So, a Leap Card is better, it works on the DART, LUAS and local trains.

I'm trying to decide if Guiness Storehouse is worth going to.

Online tickets only available for tomorrow -think these are pre-booked no need to queue tickets with other option rock up & queue.

So is it worth it? I'm 50-50.

I'm trying to decide if Guiness Storehouse is worth going to.

Online tickets only available for tomorrow -think these are pre-booked no need to queue tickets with other option rock up & queue.

So is it worth it? I'm 50-50.

It’s worth it but I wouldn’t queue for it. Get to pour your own pint and get a pint at the top which gives a great 360 view of Dublin. Other than that nothing special.

26A83C2D-BCEF-4B84-8D5D-796A7424E626.jpeg Due to transport Blue Light not an option so after guided walking tour we got on the DART with our leap cards & went to Bray. Chose Bray due to hearing lovely views from train. We then walked up the hill to the cross then back into Dublin for dinner.

Plan today is museums, Bernard Shaw pub & watch the match somewhere.

Last day today - fly back tonight. We are off to Howth.

We made it the The Bernard Shaw but watched the match in another pub just down the road.

Bought some tea & need to find Tayto Worcester sauce crisps for my sister.

Attachments

• EE1BB9C8-FBDC-4399-905B-F3E74243A146.jpeg
    EE1BB9C8-FBDC-4399-905B-F3E74243A146.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 8
  • A555B8D0-F04B-4BC1-93B2-4E03345FCBAF.jpeg
    A555B8D0-F04B-4BC1-93B2-4E03345FCBAF.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 7
Today we have had the first bad weather or typical Irish weather - wet rain of the mizzling variety. At Howth we visited the awesome Hurdy Gurdy museum which does not have Hurdy Gurdys but radios , TVs & great social history- really worth visiting.

Nearly bought fish & chips (though no fish for me) at Leo Burdocks but they are fried in beef dripping so had to go elsewhere.

On train back to Dublin for last Guinness before home.

Attachments

• E2C02401-BBB5-4E60-A531-CB666036906F.jpeg
    E2C02401-BBB5-4E60-A531-CB666036906F.jpeg
    428.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 354D2AD8-4B0C-4431-BE76-7973A627191A.jpeg
    354D2AD8-4B0C-4431-BE76-7973A627191A.jpeg
    413.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
When I was there I went to Kilmainham Gaol which was really interesting (make sure you book online in advance) and also the Little Museum of Dublin which was a light hearted history guide with some really interesting memorabilia.

I have a Love/Hate relationship with Dublin but I do like it. I’ll be there in a cpl of weeks for a night.

Back
Top Bottom