Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dublin - news, discussion and tips for travellers

Try forno 500 pizza, 74 dame st, very good and reasonably priced. And if you're stooping round ballsbridge I'd recommend mcloskey's pub. Pick up a leap card and you can hop on buses

thanks! i am in fact staying at a place on the same street as that McCloskey's, though a good few blocks north. it's a part of town i don't know at all.

thanks! i am in fact staying at a place on the same street as that McCloskey's, though a good few blocks north. it's a part of town i don't know at all.
If you look online before you travel you can find places that sell the leap card, it's five euros for the card then allow 2 euros a bus ride. If you get off the bus from the airport round o'connell st there's a few shops round there should sell the leap card, be surprised if eason's doesn't. Then I imagine you'll be heading a mite to the east of Merrion Square, its not a long walk at all

If you get the leap pass at the airport then you can stay on the 700 bus to the last stop and that should get you nearer to Ballsbridge. Leap pass doesn’t cover the air coach AFAIK.

the B&B told me to get the 700 bus but that's not city transport, is it? nowhere did they mention the price :hmm:

Where are you staying? As accurate as you are comfortable obvs. My parents just moved out of D2 so I know the area fairly well.

petee the archaeology museum is on the same street as the national library of ireland (and leinster house). pop into the nli and ask to use the gents, they're worth a look in passing, a comfy chair and lovely stained glass
We did that back in the summer. And speaking of stained glass, petee check out the national gallery (less than 5 mins away) for some lovely Harry Clarke examples. Or Bewleys on Grafton Street, if they still there.

Back
Top Bottom