Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I can't wait for the athletics, the triple jump

Homeless Mal

Banned
Banned
Why would one devote their life to the akwardest of jumps? It has puzzled me for many years. It must be one of the more traditional sports. I also can't wait to see them long socks, on the Cuban high jumpers too :D

Portugal also has a chance of getting a medal... which would be the first in a technical event.
However, I feel he'll bottle it. The last time we arrived at the olympics with "two titles and 4 medals" was in 1992, and won nothing :D

i was enjoying the archery today, and the gymnastics, and the swimming, the equestrian stuff is dull imo, athletics, yes:)

I like the track and field events. Reminds me of my days as a kid cheering on Daly Thompson :D

Stars of track and field you are beautiful people.

Vintage Paw, would you believe me if I told you that when I was at school, I was probably one of the best athletes there? I broke quite the records for the 100m and 200m and was the house captain on several sportsdays?

Coz its true.

Then I got into smoking and drugs and girls and it was all downhill.

One of the GB Archery women was VERY upset.

she was, she thought it was her fault, as she didn't score as well as the others :( i guess it was, they could have had the bronze medal, instead the french got their revenge for agincourt (joke nicked from another poster :cool:)

I always remember seeing some blooper show that showed a guy completely buggering up his knee on the 2nd jump of the triple jump. He came down hard it it virtually turned inside out. It looked so akward and spangly. He was rolling on the ground screaming and crying :eek: It must mess up the athletes joints regardless cos there is a lot of stiff pressure being exerted on the knee joint to make the jump.

I've always quite liked the triple jump since Jonathon Edwards obliterated the world record in 1995. It must absolutely wreck your legs and hips for most of them, although Edwards seemed to have more of a skimming action than someone like Idowu.

Back
Top Bottom