Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hundreds of Post Office workers ‘vindicated’ by High Court ruling over faulty Post Office IT system

Is it more of an obsession for people who know the difference between right and wrong?
The first words on the Drama were ‘This is a true story’.
No a dramatisation is never an absolutely true story, they’re actors and writers after all, but the fucking tears they evoked in me were real.
Middle England my arse.

I heard the writer on...something...yesterday. She said "Every episode starts with the words 'This is a true story'. If you're going to tell people you are telling them a true story, you better make sure it's a true story."

It is.

There's no need to be picky about dramatisation. That 'True story' line was followed by "Some scenes have been imagined". I think that covers it.

It was well written, well made (over many years) and has the testimony of exploding and exposing this injustice to millions. It was so much more than a dramatisation.

There are quite a few far far worse things happening in the world right now which have been completely bumped from the news cycle. And I can assure you, there are many people quite happy about this in the run up to the election. Particularly when they can stand up in the Commons and claim this is 'massive travesty of justice and we are going to do everything we can to sort it out' Wake up.

You are treading dangerously into 'Fuck off Petcha' land now.

There are quite a few far far worse things happening in the world right now which have been completely bumped from the news cycle. And I can assure you, there are many people quite happy about this in the run up to the election. Particularly when they can stand up in the Commons and claim this is 'massive travesty of justice and we are going to do everything we can to sort it out' Wake up.
The phrase is Wake up sheeple.

So over 900 people wrongfully convicted doesn't mean we should be angry about this? That we should be as dismissive as you? That 'far far worse things are happening ' so this doesn't merit attention?

You need to seriously consider if urban is the right place for you.

I rarely bother reading threads fully. What did I miss?
Just about fucking EVERYTHING. But then I think you already know that, given this proud boast of yours in response to someone pointing out that you're wildly off-base.

If you can't be arsed to read an important and fast-moving thread, I wonder what makes you feel so entitled to sit in judgement of those posting who have at least done their interlocutors the courtesy of reading what they wrote.

Then you are not allowed to ever complain about anything, ever. Including the responses on this thread. You are, by your own theory, not allowed to respond to this post, because there are more important things.

Sir Kier Starmer was the DPP at around this time, I bet there were some cases under his watch, wonder if there are any implications for him?

Keith. Or Kieth. His name is Keith/Kieth.

As for your point...he has said 4 million cases passed through the CPS in his time and he couldn't possibly have time to be curious about them all.

Yeah.

Kieth is a cunt btw.

if the invistigators were told the subpostmasters were crooks and weren't told about issues with the software of course they are going to do what they were told to do.
But if they were aware then they have no defence

Watched the first episode and found it quite "triggering"... namely dealing with bullshitty ICT companies, bullshity large organisations claiming to provide customer service that do anything to avoid it, and people placing undue faith in 'evidence' that suits their agenda ..

Other than that a great watch.. :hmm: :facepalm:

Dismissing this as 'Middle England's obsession' and saying the news cycle should move on is a massive misjudgement of the situation. And makes you look like a cunt.
Tales of epic dishonesty? Contempt for ordinary people? Use of corporate power and the law to lie and bully? TBF, Petcha works for the Tory Party or summat. This must be the sort of stuff they encounter before their morning coffee break.

if the invistigators were told the subpostmasters were crooks and weren't told about issues with the software of course they are going to do what they were told to do.
But if they were aware then they have no defence
Even without that knowledge they behaved in a scummy way and, more importantly, to a corporate script.

Fair enough, the Palestinians and others very much appreciate the efforts you've taken on their behalf while the rest of us have been obsessed with this flim flam.

Fair enough, the Palestinians and others very much appreciate the efforts you've taken on their behalf while the rest of us have been obsessed with this flim flam.

I bet the Palestinians who lost their homes and families and got bombed really hate the sub-postmasters who lost their homes and families but didn't get bombed. You know, like people with terminal cancer hate people with diabetes.

Keith. Or Kieth. His name is Keith/Kieth.

As for your point...he has said 4 million cases passed through the CPS in his time and he couldn't possibly have time to be curious about them all.

Yeah.

Kieth is a cunt btw.

He was curious enough about the compromised trials of climate activists who had been spied on by undercover cops to personally show up in court to watch them. Just not curious enough to, you know, stop the prosecutions even though it was clear that the defendants had been denied their rights to confidential legal advice and access to pertinent information held by the prosecution.

Last edited:
Aside from apologies, exonerations, and stringing-up lying cunts like Bradshaw, and Venal; pragmatically, what's reasonable compo for people who've been wrongly convicted and had their lives destroyed by this?

The starting point has to be a million quid a head, surely?
There was a woman interviewed on R4 this morning. She wasn't convicted but she said her life had been ruined anyway (used all her savings making reparation for the money that had gone 'missing', she'd lost her business, her reputation and has had this hanging over her for 15 years). She was still massively upset even talking about it and said any compensation offered to people in her situation would likely be very low. (She mentioned a number, can't remember how much exactly, but maybe £70k or something). So people in her position need to get decent compensation too.

Back
Top Bottom