Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How many days a week do you WFH?

How many days a week do you work from home?

• Total voters
I work from home. I thought I missed the office sometimes but turns out all I missed was hanging out with a larger group of people. Once I filled that requirement, any office nostalgia disappeared. On the downside, I'm less patient with people in work interactions (but then it's easier to hide that impatience).

I mix it up - I was 1 day in the office last week and am doing 4 days this week.

We need to do 50% of the month, I usually do more tho’.

This week is unusual in that I'm back at work but there's little to do. So I've been in Monday and today, but with yesterday and Thurs/Fri WFH

My boss is great

I did wfh before covid for many years - as much as 5 days out of 5.

I work at a large public organisation and our new office is just a big multi story building. It's totally open plan
You simply book a seat anywhere you like on any floor you like. I currently go in full time and have no intention of wfh ever again. Partly because 2 years of social isolation nearly did for me and partly because in the new set up, I don't have to sit with my team, I can sit with people I actually like. I have made loads of new friends over the last 2 years from all departments and ranks. It has improved my life immensely. Work used to make my mental health waaaaaay worse now it helps me cope.
Guess what? They've decided to change it all back to us sitting in our sections only. I'm gutted 😭

There are quite a few times when I could go for more than a week or two without leaving the house. Though I am aware that it is important that I DO get out of the house regularly, even if it isn't for work purposes.

This week is unusual in that I'm back at work but there's little to do. So I've been in Monday and today, but with yesterday and Thurs/Fri WFH

My boss is great
It’s not often we hear that about bosses but I feel the same about mine, he’s great and his boss (she’s a Global Head) is even better. As long as our work is done everything is relaxed and Iri.

Mrs Numbers is the same, today was her 1st day in for a month.

She proper works when WFH, I don’t, I do fuck all.
I start out with all good intentions, but by 10am I've drifted from building a website to finding some bits of electronics I forgot I had, to drawing and 3D printing a TARDIS. This has been happening for approximately 25 years. So I've spent 1/4 of a century doing fuck all 🤣

She proper works when WFH, I don’t, I do fuck all.
I'm the same. I'm not the most industrious anyway but when I'm at home there are too many distractions to fuel my already restless brain including food within arms reach. My work is very boring so all rhe temptation makes it harder to concentrate. I also tended to work more hours at home. The only down side to being in the office is I don't listen to as much music.

I start out with all good intentions, but by 10am I've drifted from building a website to finding some bits of electronics I forgot I had, to drawing and 3D printing a TARDIS. This has been happening for approximately 25 years. So I've spent 1/4 of a century doing fuck all 🤣

That doesn't sound like doing fuck all at all! It sounds like doing creative and interesting work whilst avoiding doing fuck all.

That doesn't sound like doing fuck all at all! It sounds like doing creative and interesting work whilst avoiding doing fuck all.
I never saw it that way but I suppose you're right. Unfortunately, the creative and interesting stuff doesn't pay the bills. Maybe I should get a job doing the things I always end up doing when I should be doing jobs. Today I'm making a boiler for a steam engine. I wonder is there much call for that sort of thing... 😁

I can skive just as well whether at home or in the office. I go in about 2 - 3 days a week, normally based around what I've got on.

Went in this morning and only lasted till lunchtime. The work I'm doing at the moment is analytic stuff (poring over legal documents, basically) and the office noise made it difficult. Kept thinking "This would be fine at home."

I've got very used to the peace and quiet of wfh, I think.

Back
Top Bottom