Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommendation How do you listen to internet radio?

teuchter

je suis teuchter
What's your method of listening to internet radio, at home and/or out and about via your phone?

Any recommended apps or services? These are my specifications, ideally:

1. No adverts inserted into advert-free radio streams. Ever.
2. A single place/service where I can store all the stations I listen to, and access either on my phone or at home via an Nvidia Shield box thing.
3. The capability to play custom streams (that is, you are not limited only to the stations that are within the service's own catalogue)
4. Ideally, free, unless this is incompatible with specifications 1 and 6.
5. Not obscure or sketchy and liable to stop being maintained in two years time.
6. No adverts inserted into advert-free radio streams. Ever.

Any recommended apps or services? These are my specifications, ideally:

1. No adverts inserted into advert-free radio streams. Ever.
2. A single place/service where I can store all the stations I listen to, and access either on my phone or at home via an Nvidia Shield box thing.
3. The capability to play custom streams (that is, you are not limited only to the stations that are within the service's own catalogue)
4. Ideally, free, unless this is incompatible with specifications 1 and 6.
5. Not obscure or sketchy and liable to stop being maintained in two years time.
6. No adverts inserted into advert-free radio streams. Ever.

Your specifications 1 and 6 are exactly the same, you weirdo.

I go to the broadcaster's site directly
Check out these, teuchter You'll love them:

Great Britain - Ireland:

USA:

I love Radio Garden.

Only thing is if you're in the UK, you now have to use a VPN to acccess anything outside the UK which is annoying.

Seems to work fine here in Ireland.. i use it for French reggae and Berlin dubstep and tekno.. and Irish local radio news stations..

Seems to work fine here in Ireland.. i use it for French reggae and Berlin dubstep and tekno.. and Irish local radio news stations..

Yeah some restriction on the UK IP addresses these days. Even to listen to Irish streams. I can get around it with a VPN but it's annoying.

The transistor radio in my kitchen is pretty much permanently tuned to Radio 4.

In mine it's mostly LBC nowadays with periods of R4Extra, particularly for the comedy (and a break from the rolling outrage and ridicule)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom