Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

House of the Dragon (GoT prequel)

So, we jump forward a decade or so, and the king is bizarrely still alive somehow, though he now appears to be 90 years old.

His illness has been confirmed by Considine to be leprosy, which is very tragic and all, but may allow 'Hand of the King' Lyonel Strong to swap his brooch for something more impactful.

Not sure how the king survived as he looked like a gonner at the end of ep5 but we skipped forward 10 years this time.

Ep 7 trailor...

I didn't enjoy 6 that much. I'm not sure I can articulate why. Maybe something to do with the new actors, maybe adjusting to the jump in time.

I will watch it again and try to work it out.

I’m sick to death of birth scenes, unlikable and barely tolerable characters, tedious plots and writing that lacks any redeemable qualities.

I’m only going to continue watching so I’ve got something to moan about.
I must admit it isn't a series that is making me enjoy it much.

Paddy's face today was doing my head in as well. You've had the sea snake's children have three different actors but Paddy gets to do make up.

Obviously going from 6 or something to 30 isn't possible. But I feel like 17 to 30 totally is.

ETA I think it may be a series I like much more when I watch it all again in one weekend.

I found that with the last series of GoT. I think the way TV is now has just stopped me from enjoying series u less I watch them all in one go..

Does anyone else feel that casting different actors to play the slightly older versions of the two main female leads for a jump of just ten years was fucking pointless and unnecessary?

Most people won’t give a fuck that the same actor might play an older version of their character if it’s within reason. An eight year old kid playing their 18 year old self clearly wouldn’t be credible. A late teen to late twenties age jump is perfectly doable with even basic makeup skills. It is far more distracting and difficult to believe to have different actors play the part.

To add insult to injury, it looked as if they didn’t bother to try to age Matt Smith’s character at all.

Does anyone else feel that casting different actors to play the slightly older versions of the two main female leads for a jump of just ten years was fucking pointless and unnecessary?

Most people won’t give a fuck that the same actor might play an older version of their character if it’s within reason. An eight year old kid playing their 18 year old self clearly wouldn’t be credible. A late teen to late twenties age jump is perfectly doable with even basic makeup skills. It is far more distracting and difficult to believe to have different actors play the part.

To add insult to injury, it looked as if they didn’t bother to try to age Matt Smith’s character at all.
Absolutely and how was Paddy still alive?

It’s all so ridiculous ☹️

The boggits and elf karen are still in last week's timeline while the wig people have zipped ahead.

e2a Two different shows you say? Oh.

Last edited:
Five episodes done and I'm struggling to think of the last thing I saw that was quite so underwhelming.

While trying to avoid spoilers, I've seen headlines comparing the intensity of some scenes to similar stuff in GoT, but this just doesn't come close.

Matt Smith is good in it, but otherwise this is plain dull.

(Quite liked the creepy crab feeder guy; shame they did pretty much nothing with him.)

Five episodes done and I'm struggling to think of the last thing I saw that was quite so underwhelming.

While trying to avoid spoilers, I've seen headlines comparing the intensity of some scenes to similar stuff in GoT, but this just doesn't come close.

Matt Smith is good in it, but otherwise this is plain dull.

(Quite liked the creepy crab feeder guy; shame they did pretty much nothing with him.)

Crab feeder guy was a bit mad maxy for my liking.

When's it going to start? I don't think it's bad as such, but they really need to start moving things forwards a bit quicker. I'm wondering if I'd binged it like I normally do then this would be less of an issue, but it feels really drawn out. I can see season 1 being over before we have a war.

I think because there's less things going on all over the place and less characters than GoT, I'm enjoying the slow pace and character building.

People bitched about the last few seasons of GoT being too fast paced and stuff being glossed over, and then people complain the new one is too slow!

It's not great but far far better than the LoTR one which I've stopped watching entirely. Between them though, I mean how much money was spunked on them - a billion or something. Get the writers of GoT back, blow the money there.

I think because there's less things going on all over the place and less characters than GoT, I'm enjoying the slow pace and character building.

People bitched about the last few seasons of GoT being too fast paced and stuff being glossed over, and then people complain the new one is too slow!

For me it's nothing to do with the slow pace. We got money shots of dragons and the crab feeder battle pretty quickly. It's more the characters are just so dull compared to GoT and also the reduction in scope. It's possible the toning down of the sex and violence hasn't helped much either, though I never thought GoT was that bad tbh. I was waiting for episode 5 to be amazing after reading a Guardian headline comparing it to a similar-ish thing in GoT - but it just wasn't.

Much better than last week.

so they faked his death. Guess that gets found out later.
King must die soon surely?

Trailer for ep 8..

Back
Top Bottom