Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

House of the Dragon (GoT prequel)

Although for half of the episode I was just thinking this was all fluff filler. Then it picked up.
Apparently the "his death was faked" twist at the end is a change from the book where they actually did kill him.

I believe the final time jump happens between this ep and the next of about 6 years or so and some of the kids get replaced by older actors. If what i read is true it then stops time jumping after that.

Liked that episode. Lots of business. Feel like it's just warming up with 3 episodes to go. Is there another series planned?

Liked that episode. Lots of business. Feel like it's just warming up with 3 episodes to go. Is there another series planned?
Yeah - already in production.
Filming expected to end Summer 2023.
So likely it will return to screen 2024..

Yeah no one cares about any of the characters. I reckon the kiddy-shanking might end up being the only slightly interesting scene in the entire thing.

It's weird, the plot's all there, the intrigue and the tension...but I care not one fuck about any single character. I hardly know anyone's names. Damon, Alicent, I think that's it. They're all one-dimensional, no character, no depth. Which leaves me not giving a toss what happens to them. It's a shame but I'm quite bored with it.

It really needs some characters from outside the main families to be swept up in the politics and give us other people to care about. But I guess the time jumps make that difficult to do.

<BW>
Why'd they change it. Linor (SP what evz)is killed in the book.>

But I am enjoying this show.

I still tend to think they've set up a really solid base and commendably resisted bolting on all the madcap characters that GoT was so known for (The Hound, Hodor, The Mountain etc etc). The melding of dragon with rider is a really cool concept that's gonna be really interesting i feel

I liked episode eight, though was pretty depressing. The ailing king, tense dinner, et cetera.

Pretty good episode, feels like it's finding its feet again after the big time jump. This first series does just feel like a setup though.

I've given up. Half way through the last one I realised I had totally lost interest.
Actually the last episode got better in the second half.

Must admit it's not as good as GOT but i'm not throwing the towel in yet.

Hopefully by s2 the war will have started and there are no more time jumps.

Hopefully by s2 the war will have started and there are no more time jumps
Maybe I will try to watch that last one again. The previous one I only half watched and then I realised I was looking at my phone more than watching the last one which is not a good sign.

Did I make a mistake giving up on this after episode 6? I didn’t actively dislike this, I just didn’t feel any great urge to go back to it

The Guardian review/discussion said that about episode 5, which is where I decided to stop watching. Not getting drawn in again. :D
Ha right, not sure what scene that would have been back then. The driftmark wedding? Anyways, they do these scenes so well; a period of group gaiety followed by a band striking up a merry tune then something just outright horrific

Did I make a mistake giving up on this after episode 6? I didn’t actively dislike this, I just didn’t feel any great urge to go back to it
Nah. I'd give up after ep 6, but I've only 2 eps left so will see it through.
But if i knew then what I know now i wouldn't bother starting it at all

Hopefully by s2 the war will have started and there are no more time jumps.

It's not really surprising it doesn't feel as character lead as GoT. The source material is a fantasy history book. There's no real characterisaition to go on and 1 season isn't enough time to develop any on screen really. They could have stretched it out a bit but then it risked being a bit of a soap opera drag.

Back
Top Bottom