Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

House of the Dragon (GoT prequel)

They certainly upped their game this week. I always prefered the scheming of GoT, but it still needed bloody violence here and there. This week HotD gave us both. King Viserys, and Considine's portrayal of him is my favourite thing so far, him and Ser Crisren, who I hope is gonna be this series version of Brienne and Pod combined.

None of the characters have any charisma. I think that's the issue. Is it completely different writers from GoT?

Phew! Wasn't cancelled :thumbs:

Naughty uncle Daemon :eek: :eek:

All we need now is the king to die and things should kick off nicely with at least 3 contenders for the thrown :cool:

I found it all rather uncomfortable.

Yes. Are we doing spoiler tags? Anyway...

The stuff with Daemon taking Rhaenyra to the brothel felt like too accurate a portrayal of grooming to really work as entertainment.

Strange that they’re on at the same time. If the TV golden age is Britpop I think this is Oasis and LOTR: Rings of Power is Blur

If the TV golden age is britpop then these two are Snow Patrol and, I dunno what other turgid crap was around at the dog end of the 90's when all the ideas had run out? Keane?

The reddit jokes are pretty weak compared to GoT, but I liked this one :D

ypfmxhvejun91.jpg

I found it all rather uncomfortable.
Presumably you have seen Game of Thrones, though? The episode was sordid and morally abhorrent in various ways of course, but not particularly more so than countless other subplots and events we’ve already already seen in the parent series. In the fucked-up stakes, I don’t think this has got even close yet to some of the worst themes in GoT that come to mind…

Thank fuck i've got this to watch this morning. Hope it's good. Starting it shortly. (Yes i know the irony of avoiding a royal funeral by watching a show about royalty :D )

a bit of an overreaction from Christian there wasn't it?

Don't think he was as keen on the "arrangement" as the other 3 in the "love rectangle". He actually wanted her to run away with him. So was a bit touchy about it. Plus he actually belived in the "knights vows" shit and felt guilty about it.

glad the king has finally died. we can get down to the nitty gritty. there will be a time jump eventually with the actress playing rhaenyra being replaced by an older actress

glad the king has finally died. we can get down to the nitty gritty. there will be a time jump eventually with the actress playing rhaenyra being replaced by an older actress

Time jump is next episode apparently. That episode was last time we see the younger actors playing rhaenyra and alicent.

trailer for next episode ....

Well that looks better. Still way too dark though by the looks, and the new blond actress looks nothing like the young version.

My main problem with this is that characters are being killed off before you even get to know them. Like after one scene. And where's the humour gone!

Back
Top Bottom