Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

House of the Dragon (GoT prequel)

The industrial revolution was about particular dynamics in capital at a specific location; the Yangste Delta was richer and more technologically advanced than Britain earlier and longer but there was no push to industrialise, even where proto factories existed like for ceramics in Jingdezhen.

I've rewatched the entirety of Thronecast since last week (well, the four seasons that Sky have OD). Still can't believe they're not doing it any more. How am I supposed to win a Volvo now?

In happier news, I've watched a couple of videos on DoD and know most of what's gonna happen, so I'm officially declaring myself to be a book cunt now! I look forward to replying to this thread with such remarks as "You may well think that, but just wait until the next episode!" and "Well, who knows, I couldn't possibly comment! Muhahahahaha!" Actually I've forgotten most of it already :confused:

ep 2 had less action than ep 1. Still the king marrying Alicent should hopefully kick things off. (Did he actually ask her before announcing that to everyone? :hmm:)

like the new "running blood" credits. They obviously couldn't come up with a better theme tune so stuck with the origanel one.

This seems to be getting a lot of good reviews - I didn't watch Game of Thrones, would that make the new series hard to get into?

Would have liked more action but it was all about the set up for this one.

so glad Paddy didn't go for the 12 yo, although Alicent isn't that much out of the peado zone.

Episode 3 trailer.... (spoiler warning - quite a lot of details in the trailer)
Looks like it'll be a good one :thumbs:

Would have liked more action but it was all about the set up for this one.

so glad Paddy didn't go for the 12 yo, although Alicent isn't that much out of the peado zone.

Watches Emergency Awesome recap on YT, IN THE ABSENCE OF THRONECAST Alicent is in her mid-twenties at this point in the show, the King is 36.

Watches Emergency Awesome recap on YT, IN THE ABSENCE OF THRONECAST Alicent is in her mid-twenties at this point in the show, the King is 36.
I thought she was the same age as his daughter, who I think has been identified as 15. That thinking has also been backed up by the fact the actresses of both change to adult versions.

What are people's thoughts on their answer to diversity here? Giving Corlys blonde dreadlocks? :D

Last edited:
What are people's thoughts on their answer to diversity here? Giving Corlys blonde dreadlocks? :D
It provokes some questions about this abstract concept of race.
Someone once upon started this race thing primary using skin colour then subdivisions further based on other characteristics such as eyes, nose, hair.

HoD has gone hah we'll make hair the prime attribute of the Valerian race (the dominant gene marker) and make skin colour irrelevant.

It's actually quite boring isnt it? GoT started with a bang (literally).. and was actually funny... the guy who was banging his sister was hilarious. And Peter whatshisname too. This is all looking a little dull.

And for all the money, the CGI is also not great. The dragons dont even look as good as the GoT ones.

It's interesting how people watch GoT for very different reasons. Much as I can appreciate the technical achievement of battles / action sequences, too much of it really leaves me cold - I enjoy it primarily for the characters and plot, the intrigue and back-stabbing - and so far HotD is very much living up to its predecessor. I didn't find that episode boring at all, but a friend I was watching it with was unimpressed by the slower pace from the first episode.

I loved the backstabbing in GoT too. But they were done far better.

The casting's not great either. It was pretty imaginative in GoT. This isn't. and Paddy Considine is defo not right for that role. Let's see though. I'm assuming given its the most expensive series ever made or something it'll get better.

I loved the backstabbing in GoT too. But they were done far better.

The casting's not great either. It was pretty imaginative in GoT. This isn't. and Paddy Considine is defo not right for that role. Let's see though. I'm assuming given its the most expensive series ever made or something it'll get better.
No the new LOTR is most expensive which Amazon have spunked away a billion on.
(Topic for another thread though).

Hotd budget is high but not that high!

A new series has to intrinsically make the first (pilot) episode exciting to increase its screening feedback to get fully greenlighted. This series doesn't, and I'm glad they can use the time to build things up.
Comparing the series so early on is a bit silly imo

I agree with the poster upthread who wrote that, so far, it lacks the humour that was a fundamental part of GoT.

Yeah, it's hard to think where a truly likeable or even funny character is going to come from. Aside from Rhaenyra i suppose. Until she sets everyone on fire of course

Back
Top Bottom