Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

House of the Dragon (GoT prequel)

Game of Thrones was great when it was based directly on George Martin's stories, but became a lot less so at the end when his stories ran out and they had to make it up themselves - still watchable but nowhere near as good. That's my expectations for this show
This is based on a GRM book that he actually finished. I believe it was a "fake history" book. Not read it myself and have no idea how closely this will follow the book.

Tits, dragons and beheadings thankyou please. S8 should be but a distant memory within five minutes.

I'm worried it's going to be rubbish. The Targaryens have never really interested me all that much and once you've seen one dragon...but we'll see.
I twigged fairly early on with GoT that it was heavily influenced by some actual history but I'm not sure what this bit will relate to.
If Game of Thrones was loosely inspired by the Wars of the Roses, then analogously this should be something like The Anarchy: The Anarchy - Wikipedia

Still no torrent.
First showing in america hbo 9pm sunday (NY time) and in uk sky/now at 2am (uk time) monday morning. Repeated uk mon 9pm.

So i would expect torrents on monday.

Edit - actually i'd forgotten there were leaks with some GOT ep's but not heard of any with HOTD so far.

Last edited:
Might as well have a thread on this as it's bound to be a biggie.

Bit more info from the man himself has come out since the last bit of news (including the likely name): 11 Very Interesting New Details About The "Game Of Thrones" Prequel That George R. R. Martin Just Revealed

Sounds like it could be decent. But it'll probably be a disappointment :D

Apparently it's already filming.
I heard it was set only a couple of centuries before the rise of Sky... I mean Game of Thrones.

Or has the article confused the length of time it's taking GRRM to actually write the next book?

(statutory joke about GRRM's laziness)

I heard it was set only a couple of centuries before the rise of Sky... I mean Game of Thrones.

Or has the article confused the length of time it's taking GRRM to actually write the next book?
Fez909 was talking about the original planned prequel series that was set thousands of years earlier than GOT. That show "the long night" was never shown (as hbo execs didn't like the pilot) and was cancelled and was replaced by HOTD which is only set about 200 years before GOT.

I'm not all that excited about dragons either TBH. Where's the empathy, engagement for a load of inbreed aristocratic empire building bastards using their overwelming air superiority to concor and terrorise nations.

The World of Ice and Fire is a great book if you want to read some back history to GoT though.

How can you stream this legit in the UK? Sky's Now TV app?
Sky or now in uk (they are both same company and before anyone says it, sky is not owned by the evil aussie anymore).

They will be showing it on sky/now at exact same time as it first shows on hbo in the us which is 2am mon uk time. Personally i'll wait and see it when i get home from work on monday!

Can we agree this time around that people tuning in at 9PM on Sky YankeeBollocks 1 should stay the fuck out of the thread until they've watched the bloody thing, rather than jumping in after their morning coffee and whinging about spoilers?

Oooh....I'm very happy. Thought it was excellent, especially the last few minutes.

This is the first GoT I've ever watched 'live' (Well within the week of release - got it off a torrent) - i only finally got into the OG GoT after the furore/chat of the final finale. Feels really weird tbh, like I'm finally in the gang :oops: :facepalm::D

I enjoyed this, went in a bit skeptical after the way GOT finished , but it seems good so far.

although it is taking me a little time to get my head around Dr Who being not very Dr like at all

This is based on a GRM book that he actually finished. I believe it was a "fake history" book. Not read it myself and have no idea how closely this will follow the book.

I tried reading this and got bored. I got to the point I was like if I'm reading a history book, I'd rather it was actual history.

Still I can see it having potential.

well there were no kids getting thrown out of towers or incest scenes (so far). Cutting out baby scene was grim though. Not a bad start. Sets the scene and gives dr who a reason to kick off by being passed over :hmm: might watch again in a bit

Back
Top Bottom