Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot Dogs

Do You Like Hot Dogs?

• Total voters
One from the US here
Costs $26 at the Texas Rangers baseball park

MW-BX583_pfhotd_20140326113355_MG.jpg

I'll have two please. :)

Not convinced that looks like £16 worth of food tbh, although I guess if it's a sportsground they're probably inflated prices.

Hotdogs for dinner tonight :)

Got a jar of six Wikinger dogs. Stuck two of these in each baked baguette tonight.

Finely diced a rasher of bacon in a frying pan. Added two medium diced onions, a few crushed cloves of garlic, splash of (Aspall) balsamic vinegar, golden syrup, ground pepper and sea salt.

Baked the baguettes then cut up and filled with grated Red Leicester cheese. Put the dogs in then topped with the onion mix. Bit of (French's) mustard and ketchup atop and served.

Was a messy meal :D

I had a Spoons' dog yesterday. It was appalling :(

Not tried one yet but have been meaning to. Had a double burger in spoons yesterday which was excellent. Was slightly apprehensive as the last was a grease fest, but this one was spot on. Chip portions need to be bigger though.

mwgdrwg said:
Can we talk about hot-dogs in this thread?

I was in one of those Premier Inn Brewers Fayre pubs at the weekend, and they had something called a "Devil Dog". It was a 12" cumberland sausage covered with mozzarella. jalapenos, and something called "Ghost Chilli" sauce. My god it was the hottest thing I've ever eaten, and pretty good value for £7. I did need two pints of Stella to cool my mouth though.

Interesting

I'm just about to have veggie hot dogs with wholemeal finger rolls! My BF spotted them and even though I wanted soft fluffy white rolls I put them in our basket. We have onions and ketchup but no mouseturd.

Wholemeal rolls are a massive thumbs down..the taste was too much and the rolls too bready. BF agreed they didn't work. I have hot dogs about 4 times a year and this time has left me feeling robbed.

Just wondering... is it even possible to make ''home made hot dogs''? Surely you'd just end up with a sausage? Anyone ever tried?

Wholemeal rolls are a massive thumbs down..the taste was too much and the rolls too bready. BF agreed they didn't work. I have hot dogs about 4 times a year and this time has left me feeling robbed.
That'll teach him! Go with your white bread instincts next time.

Fried onions smell gorgeous when they're cooking. But the taste, while nice, doesn't quite live up to the fanfare of the smell.

I think the problem is that they are normally totally over done. There is a burger van I visit occasionally on my trip my home town that has the whole fried onions thing going on. I normally refuse them unless I can see they have just been put on. They are at their best when they still have some of the crunch of raw but with a bit of heat to take the sharpness.

Back
Top Bottom