Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hold your nose and vote Labour?

Will you vote Labour?

• Yes

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • No

Votes: 146 68.9%

• Total voters
They've really lost it, like lost all touch with reality. All this seems to suggest that the Labour right think that left wing votes don't matter and that muslim votes don't matter. And that may be true in this election because everyone is so sick of the Tories. But next election? And the one after? They are doing this in a context where centrism is a dead duck around the western world. They're busy making themselves an irrelevance in the long term.

Maybe I would vote Labour if I lived in another part of the UK. But I live in Lambeth and the council here is total rubbish_crap. Selling out Brockwell Park to be destroyed was the last absurd amongst plenty of others. NOTHING GOOD can come from a group of people that have been running this council for far too long. It will be Green and tough luck for me.

This kind of thing is exactly why from the dawn of the internet, I’ve never attached anything social media-like to my real name and identity. Why do people want to be accountable forever for every single thing they have ever said and done? Madness.

Maybe I would vote Labour if I lived in another part of the UK. But I live in Lambeth and the council here is total rubbish_crap. Selling out Brockwell Park to be destroyed was the last absurd amongst plenty of others. NOTHING GOOD can come from a group of people that have been running this council for far too long. It will be Green and tough luck for me.
Depends on your MP. Lambeth Council Labour are indeed crap and I never vote for them, But Bell Ribiero-Addy is my MP and she's excellent.
(Not sure if she's selected yet, given the purge and the redistricting...)

Keir Starmer: "Labour are a broad church and we must remain a broad church. It is one of our great strengths" - July 2017.​

"Re expulsions from Labour, my local branch seems to have expelled some lifelong members, both old and young, for doing little more than giving a thumbs-up to a pro-Palestinian – not antisemitic – tweet. This used to be a party that had heated discussions between the likes of Dennis Skinner, Tony Benn and Denis Healey." - letter to the Guardian, July 2023

Zoe Williams, in her interview with Neal Lawson , gravely underestimates the awfulness of what has happened inside the Labour party.
A critical reading of the party’s rulebook shows that members have no rights whatsoever. The party’s national executive committee is empowered to do anything that it agrees is required to further the party’s interests. In the hands of sufficiently ruthless people, that is fatal. Lawson’s assessment that “they need to get rid of the seedbed” of left ideas is about right, even though that is a mirage for them to chase. Imagine how such people will behave when put in charge of the intricate and largely deadlocked mechanism that is UK society. - ditto

Don't vote Labour.

Keir Starmer: "Labour are a broad church and we must remain a broad church. It is one of our great strengths" - July 2017.​

"Re expulsions from Labour, my local branch seems to have expelled some lifelong members, both old and young, for doing little more than giving a thumbs-up to a pro-Palestinian – not antisemitic – tweet. This used to be a party that had heated discussions between the likes of Dennis Skinner, Tony Benn and Denis Healey." - letter to the Guardian, July 2023

Zoe Williams, in her interview with Neal Lawson , gravely underestimates the awfulness of what has happened inside the Labour party.
A critical reading of the party’s rulebook shows that members have no rights whatsoever. The party’s national executive committee is empowered to do anything that it agrees is required to further the party’s interests. In the hands of sufficiently ruthless people, that is fatal. Lawson’s assessment that “they need to get rid of the seedbed” of left ideas is about right, even though that is a mirage for them to chase. Imagine how such people will behave when put in charge of the intricate and largely deadlocked mechanism that is UK society. - ditto

Don't vote Labour.
How I wish there was some kind of decent alternative to the Conservative and Labour sets of cunts.

Back
Top Bottom