Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

His Dark Materials - TV Series

Rebelda (coz I think you've read them) I just got the 1st Book of Dust on my Kindle, do you think I can need to read La Bella Sauvage first or does it not matter?

You need to read La Belle Sauvage before The Secret Commonwealth or it genuinely won't make any sense.
So, I've read the original trilogy, now I need to do La Belle Sauvage then The Secret Commonwealth then The Book of Dust?

I was thinking today I might try the audio books of the first three. Think Pullman reads them?
Yes, Pullman reads along with a cast for dialogue. They're okay. I don't generally like cast style audiobooks but being a slightly *ahem* INSANE DEVOTED FANGIRL :eek::D I give them a pass. Pullman's voice is lovely.

The second trilogy is read by Michael Sheen and is perfect imo.

Where are the audio books from? I need them in my life.
I remember staying up till 3am sobbing my heart out when I read The Amber Spyglass. The next day I felt bereft. :oops:
Audible. Probably elsewhere but that's what I use.

I can't talk about The Amber Spyglass without crying to this day :oops: I remember being on holiday once and a family friend came downstairs from putting his lad to bed in floods of tears. Everyone was going 'wtf??!!' and he managed to choke out that he'd been reading TAS out loud as a bedtime story. They all looked a bit nonplussed, I gave him a hug and poured him a drink. Fuck, imagine reading it out loud :eek::(

Where are the audio books from? I need them in my life.
I remember staying up till 3am sobbing my heart out when I read The Amber Spyglass. The next day I felt bereft. :oops:
Yeah I cried after reading 'His dark Materials'
Because I didn't want ito to end.

did also think the preview for the next episode went on. Might as well have shown us the whole episode.

Yeah i thought the same about the preview. The beeb are obviously trying to keep the non-book readers like me interested :D They must be terrified of it being a flop after the money they spent. The announcer saying "you are going to obessed by this!" before it started.

Anyway i'm not totally convinced about it yet but i thought it was ok and i could just about follow the plot (never read books or seen the film) so i will keep watching it for now.

Last edited:
Just finished the episode of Imagine about Phillip Pullman and him talking about the end of The Amber Spyglass and how he likes to think about what death is like has completely dissolved me into tears again.

Back
Top Bottom