Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Didn't penetrate the back end.
finbarr.jpg

Are there any toys? It's the only reason we used to go there, nice atmosphere for children as the back was pretty much for families with children and there were toys. I mean they were nice and all but the food was only average.
Nope. They're pretty child friendly - kids menu, antilops - but not quite like it was.

Late summer apparently. We'll see though. I've not heard from anyone who knows them that they're not planning to reopen.
Haven't heard anything for ages - there was the Weatherspoons rumour/wishful thinking a while back - but no one I know has a clue. We miss it.

And I've not been able to reclaim my loving home made 'Welcome to Hernehill stitch and bitch' sign that we used to stick on the snug door. Since the flood we're still stitching and of course we're still bitching, in the Prince Regent, Dulwich Road, every wednesday evening 8pm onwards - usually the big table near the front window - everyone is most welcome.

Nope. They're pretty child friendly - kids menu, antilops - but not quite like it was.

What a shame, I liked the shabby chic, relaxed vibe of the place. I'm not sure I'd be tempted back in it's new incarnation, although it is sometimes convenient, unless they've improved their coffee.

So Sains has a new queue layout and new grumpy transferred staff, Dickson's iffy has spent their insurance cash on new fittings and the hoardings are down on the new tesco.

WTF is the HealthHub?

Island had some party on with no guests, which is a shame as I have very enlightened memories of that place.

Sorry, was visiting family! Do come again though :)
i know you've gone to great lengths to have all the information on the website but I am doing what my students do and shortcutting that:

how do I get in?
can I leave a sewing machine there?

i know you've gone to great lengths to have all the information on the website but I am doing what my students do and shortcutting that:

how do I get in?
can I leave a sewing machine there?
1. Become a paying member: members.southlondonmakerspace.org
2. Come to an open night and get your Oyster card registered on the system
3. Touch in to unlock the door any time 24/7 :)

You can leave your machine there, but be sure to label it if you don't want others to use it. We also have a machine of our own, just awaiting the delivery of a replacement foot.

I have joined;)
I would be happy for others to use - but obviously dont' want it broken so need to know what occurs round that sort of thing....

I know all these sort of things will be discussed at meetings etc and I've been so bloody busy marking lately I haven't been able to attend or anything

I have joined;)
Yay!
I would be happy for others to use - but obviously dont' want it broken so need to know what occurs round that sort of thing.
Best thing to do is start a thread on our Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB#!categories/southlondonmakerspace - although you'll find that there are already a couple of threads on the topic, maybe this one is best: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB#!category-topic/southlondonmakerspace/duHAO839-O0

Get stuck in :)

Will you have another open session mending household things?
I see you have a lot of members who are good with electrical/electronic things.
The next one of those is next Wednesday (the 25th)
http://www.meetup.com/Restarters-London/events/188223242/
It's probably the last one we'll host. Our new home will be great for members, but not so great for drop-in public access.
But the Restart people themselves hold regular sessions in other venues, so keep an eye out on their website if you can't make the 25th.

Are there going to be any outdoor silent movies going on this year? - I caught the end of one last year outside the station and it was fab.

Any news on the Half Moon from anyone? Last I heard there was still insurance wrangling and no one was sure when (or if) it would reopen :(
Had brunch at Cafe Prov and they seem to think the Half Moon might not re-open at all. :(

In better news, the new look Cafe Prov was very nice for brekkie and they have improved the coffee. No toys though. I think that's a deliberate attempt to get away from the toddler crowd.

Back
Top Bottom